Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how you're testing and blocking off, don't forget about the spark plug threads as a possible leak source. Just went through that. If it was a snake it woulda bit me twice.
You could be right. I tested the muffler, carb, carb adaptor and cylinder. No visible leaks. Seals seem okay. Only thing left is the spark plug hole.

You could be right. I tested the muffler, carb, carb adaptor and cylinder. No visible leaks. Seals seem okay. Only thing left is the spark plug hole.

I've had them leak badly around the big O-ring on the 4 bolt bearing carrier on the FW side. Spray soap bubbles around there too.

I will PM you on shipping that 3700 out, we didn't renew our test contract in TX... so I won't make it down by this year end.

Be a good time to put all your S25 oiler caps & diaphragms in with it for rebuilding.

Been in the woods this week on a draw cow elk hunt, like the Arby commercial "We have the meats"! Wished I had packed in a S25DA with Canola Oil...would have been faster quartering her out! That area burned 3 years ago, killed all the trees but the elk still use it, go figure...
image.jpeg

Half a back strap from one side, vacuum packing the fillets. I need a bigger cutting board, LOL
image.jpeg

Working on this today
9908c66784ed91fa553619e2a6dcb1ff.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I've had them leak badly around the big O-ring on the 4 bolt bearing carrier on the FW side. Spray soap bubbles around there too.

I will PM you on shipping that 3700 out, we didn't renew our test contract in TX... so I won't make it down by this year end.

Be a good time to put all your S25 oiler caps & diaphragms in with it for rebuilding.

Been in the woods this week on a draw cow elk hunt, like the Arby commercial "We have the meats"! Wished I had packed in a S25DA with Canola Oil...would have been faster quartering her out! That area burned 3 years ago, killed all the trees but the elk still use it, go figure...
View attachment 542457

Half a back strap from one side, vacuum packing the fillets. I need a bigger cutting board, LOL
View attachment 542458
Ok. Got frustrated in not being able to find the leak. Stuck the saw in a 5 gal. bucket of water but no air bubbles. Really frustrating. Was planning on selling it but can't in good conscience at this juncture.

Back