Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Depending on how you're testing and blocking off, don't forget about the spark plug threads as a possible leak source. Just went through that. If it was a snake it woulda bit me twice.
You could be right. I tested the muffler, carb, carb adaptor and cylinder. No visible leaks. Seals seem okay. Only thing left is the spark plug hole.

hotshot

hotshot

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
You could be right. I tested the muffler, carb, carb adaptor and cylinder. No visible leaks. Seals seem okay. Only thing left is the spark plug hole.

I've had them leak badly around the big O-ring on the 4 bolt bearing carrier on the FW side. Spray soap bubbles around there too.

I will PM you on shipping that 3700 out, we didn't renew our test contract in TX... so I won't make it down by this year end.

Be a good time to put all your S25 oiler caps & diaphragms in with it for rebuilding.

Been in the woods this week on a draw cow elk hunt, like the Arby commercial "We have the meats"! Wished I had packed in a S25DA with Canola Oil...would have been faster quartering her out! That area burned 3 years ago, killed all the trees but the elk still use it, go figure...
image.jpeg

Half a back strap from one side, vacuum packing the fillets. I need a bigger cutting board, LOL
image.jpeg

Acornhill

Acornhill

enough said
Working on this today
9908c66784ed91fa553619e2a6dcb1ff.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've had them leak badly around the big O-ring on the 4 bolt bearing carrier on the FW side. Spray soap bubbles around there too.

I will PM you on shipping that 3700 out, we didn't renew our test contract in TX... so I won't make it down by this year end.

Be a good time to put all your S25 oiler caps & diaphragms in with it for rebuilding.

Been in the woods this week on a draw cow elk hunt, like the Arby commercial "We have the meats"! Wished I had packed in a S25DA with Canola Oil...would have been faster quartering her out! That area burned 3 years ago, killed all the trees but the elk still use it, go figure...
View attachment 542457

Half a back strap from one side, vacuum packing the fillets. I need a bigger cutting board, LOL
View attachment 542458
Ok. Got frustrated in not being able to find the leak. Stuck the saw in a 5 gal. bucket of water but no air bubbles. Really frustrating. Was planning on selling it but can't in good conscience at this juncture.

Latest posts