Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How and where does the fuel line come out of the tank, I don't see it in the pics.. That has to be a low hour saw with that port being that clean. Looks like it has the original chain also.

Steve
yes it is bar also...it goes through the handle like a micro but behind the trigger assembly...then instead of down between the case halfs it comes out the bottom of the handle and in the rear.... i much prefer how the micro is ... but the anti vibe is dam nice... much better then just Av.....i will take some pics when i do the next saw.... i may have one but its from the side so dont think it will show the difference clearly....17098494_10209440297547847_6903265533281908838_n.jpg

yes it is bar also...it goes through the handle like a micro but behind the trigger assembly...then instead of down between the case halfs it comes out the bottom of the handle and in the rear.... i much prefer how the micro is ... but the anti vibe is dam nice... much better then just Av.....i will take some pics when i do the next saw.... i may have one but its from the side so dont think it will show the difference clearly....View attachment 561964

It threads in just above the isolator mount... then into the tank... you see the case is the same as the micro and has the notch in it... but the handle makes it to where you have to go through a lil hole in the ass end LOl...lack of a better term.... i will take pics when i do the fuel line so you can see... help anyone that gets one...

If I didnt give it away already. You can have 1 I had for a new 2000 bought back in 94.
Thats if the last guy here that left with 3 saws didnt take them all. I told him to take all the cases he wanted. As I cant stand the dang things.
You just don't seem to understand,... this is one high class saw we are talking about here it needs the up-most in protection devices.

The PP365 is back together and runs. I still need to replace the isolators before I send it along but I wanted to hear it run. You could see inside the clutch cover where it had been seriously overheated, seems to have warped the cover to the point it does not fit as snuggly as a new one would.

20170302_211851.jpg

20170302_211903.jpg

20170302_211908.jpg

Both this saw and the 3400 I picked up at the same place had bars on them that didn't match up the oiler holes. I think the bars were actually small mount Husqvarna bars, they both had obviously been run with these bars installed, I can imagine how the could have been operable. I tried a D176 bar with a Windsor tip on it but it just seemed to fat for this saw, I don't remember where this bar came from but is does look better on this saw.

I did end up with one 10-24 x 3/4 socket head cap screw left over, not sure where that was supposed to go. The duckbill valve and fitting for the fuel tank vent were there, but the vent plug (530027339) is missing. Can I get by with a short screw in the end to provide a little vent action? I have seen this on a number of older saws.

I should mention that is starts up very easily (you do have to pull it authority) and seems to run, idle, and oil very well.

Last question: I assume turning the screw on the oiler clockwise reduces the flow? It sure seems to pump a lot of oil.

Mark

Mark,

That sintered plug that goes in the end of the vent line (that is tucked up behind the carb) is often missing. It is just a dust guard. Personally, i don't worry too much about them. The 3400-4000 essentially used the same setup without the sintered plug. Albeit, they didn't see the same sort of dust given they were somewhat protected up between the fuel tank and case. I just leave the end of the line open and tuck it up behind the carb. I imagine a course thread wouldn't hurt.

Bar mounts are 041. A 095 will work fine if you break into the rail, via the adjustment slot, with a bit of grinding. I have some small mount Husky bars on my 3000's that work well with that area opened up a bit.

Adjustment on the oiler is as you indicated. They are healthy pumps.

Nice grip start.

Stop it now..your hurtin me feelins ha ha.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. First saw I ever bought and I still have it. Learned how not to use a chainsaw with that little bugger and she survived in spite of me. Would probably fire right up if I put some fuel in her and gave her a pull or two.

Please refresh my memory on a well-worn topic. My Poulan 3400 is not oiling but the manual pump works. Does that eliminate the pickup hose as a possible source of the problem? And then, is there a consensus on what material is best for diaphragms for these? Thanks Don

The PP365 is back together and runs. I still need to replace the isolators before I send it along but I wanted to hear it run. You could see inside the clutch cover where it had been seriously overheated, seems to have warped the cover to the point it does not fit as snuggly as a new one would.

View attachment 562002

View attachment 562003

View attachment 562005

Both this saw and the 3400 I picked up at the same place had bars on them that didn't match up the oiler holes. I think the bars were actually small mount Husqvarna bars, they both had obviously been run with these bars installed, I can imagine how the could have been operable. I tried a D176 bar with a Windsor tip on it but it just seemed to fat for this saw, I don't remember where this bar came from but is does look better on this saw.

I did end up with one 10-24 x 3/4 socket head cap screw left over, not sure where that was supposed to go. The duckbill valve and fitting for the fuel tank vent were there, but the vent plug (530027339) is missing. Can I get by with a short screw in the end to provide a little vent action? I have seen this on a number of older saws.

I should mention that is starts up very easily (you do have to pull it authority) and seems to run, idle, and oil very well.

Last question: I assume turning the screw on the oiler clockwise reduces the flow? It sure seems to pump a lot of oil.

Mark
I have a pp365 just like yours. I like it alot. And yes you really have to be dedicated to pull it over. My clutch cover does the same thing.

Please refresh my memory on a well-worn topic. My Poulan 3400 is not oiling but the manual pump works. Does that eliminate the pickup hose as a possible source of the problem? And then, is there a consensus on what material is best for diaphragms for these? Thanks Don

Nylon-insert nitrile (buna-n) sheet is what you are looking for. Nominal thickness 1/64".

Here is a link to what I have done with some of the pumps. By no means a definitive guide, but just one approach.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/poulan-thread.98495/page-2032#post-5931213

View attachment 562002

View attachment 562003

View attachment 562005

Mark

K041 bar mount, but in your case I bet you have a 16-20" McCulloch original D276 bar there right? You can use that just fine.

They will work the other way just fine as well, a K041 on a Mac
100_8080 (Custom).JPG

Thank you Mark
I if you have one just give me your address and a shipping fee and I will gladly take that offer.

I'm sorry, I got busy today, fixed my splitter, then split some wood, then I forgot about my daughter and grandaughter coming in this afternoon. Needless to say I didn't look for the case. LOL

I will though, sooner or later.

Latest posts

Back