Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the exit on those mufflers are on the back. I have seen saws melt the plastic above.

There does not have to be much room on the side for a muff mod. Here's a mod I did on a 3400 a few years ago. I put a slit in with a small dremel disk, heated it with a torch, worked it with a large screw driver and finished it off by pounding in and chisel and shaping around. There was no exhaust port on the side before I started.
View attachment 561829

That looks like good work! I had a very restrictive aftermarket muffler on a stihl 026/ms260 hybrid. I drilled two 3/16 holes in the front of the muffler for a little more flow and it seems to work pretty good. It makes the saw a little louder tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good news. Have ya looked at the spark arrestor screen to see if it is clear of carbon ?
I pulled the muffle and looked at internals right after I bought the Saw and it didn't seem clogged. I'll probably pull it back apart again today and have a looksee

This might be a dumb question but will the bolt holes line up between a WJ-9 walbro and a Tillotson hs-260
not worried about the linkage
The venturi is 1mm larger on the Tillotson

Not attempting to thread jump but I know no other way to ask. So here goes, I recently bought a Poulan Pro 225 from a fella in the Trading Post I would like to now buy a case for it. If anyone has one that fits the little saw and you want to sell it please pm me I may be interested. I am going into the Partner thread and post the same message. Thanks for your time and I apologize for jumping into the middle of things Thanks again Jeff

Not attempting to thread jump but I know no other way to ask. So here goes, I recently bought a Poulan Pro 225 from a fella in the Trading Post I would like to now buy a case for it. If anyone has one that fits the little saw and you want to sell it please pm me I may be interested. I am going into the Partner thread and post the same message. Thanks for your time and I apologize for jumping into the middle of things Thanks again Jeff

If I didnt give it away already. You can have 1 I had for a new 2000 bought back in 94.
Thats if the last guy here that left with 3 saws didnt take them all. I told him to take all the cases he wanted. As I cant stand the dang things.

@stubnail67 someone was saying to make sure you use the fuel line barb fitting connector on your 2300CVA. They dont use them on the CVA as far as I can tell from the ones I got in. ;)
Yea i looked up the ipl and did not see it either... thank you for always going the extra mile for information....

This might be a dumb question but will the bolt holes line up between a WJ-9 walbro and a Tillotson hs-260 not worried about the linkage. The venturi is 1mm larger on the Tillotson

That is a dumb question, because you'd be lucky to find someone to have both of those carbs side by side, lol.:)

Kidding aside, the Walbro WJ-4 used on the late Stihl 056 Magnums also fits over the Tillotson HS-118 carb studs, and both the carb series "box frame" sizes are the same, so yes it will!

That is a dumb question, because you'd be lucky to find someone to have both of those carbs side by side, lol.:)

Kidding aside, the Walbro WJ-4 used on the late Stihl 056 Magnums also fits over the Tillotson HS-118 carb studs, and both the carb series "box frame" sizes are the same, so yes it will!
Thank you

Kensie, thanks for the pictures. I have not seen the PP310 muffler. It looks like your screen and diffuser are open and ready to go. I have the 40cc version the PP255. I think you'll like that saw.☺
Ohh I love the Saw already! Just trying to make sure I'm not going to run it too hot, I ran it again today after the carb adjustment and it was still getting super hot.

Ohh I love the Saw already! Just trying to make sure I'm not going to run it too hot, I ran it again today after the carb adjustment and it was still getting super hot.
I run my PP255 with 39:1 . Have you looked inside the starter side of your saw for clean air inlet slots and to make sure all the flywheel fins are good ? Then remove the plug and turn the flywheel by hand .

That was me on the barbed fitting, i know it's on the standard and AV, never personally looked or had a CVA in my hand, figured it was all the same.

Steve
It might not hurt the reason for the barb is so you can work on the recoil.... I will have to look and see why they don't have one.....I will be redoing one this week everything its new old stock ran one time when it was bought far as i can tell.... i will be doing Evey line and filter ....its the first nos i ever got.... i can tell it was run as there is an imprint on the exhaust screen that's it never seen one with out a speck of saw dust....i just dont wanna run it if the seals are not good.....everything else is fall apart fuel lines etc.... not sure on oil line and filter but they will be replaced any ways carb rebuild also....i will snap some pics.....i also just got a very clean craftsman 2.3 cva used very lil ... its up and running.... replaced all the lines on it oil everything.waiting on new air filters....everything else on that one has been done and it runs pretty good.... will tune in wood soon....

It might not hurt the reason for the barb is so you can work on the recoil.... I will have to look and see why they don't have one.....I will be redoing one this week everything its new old stock ran one time when it was bought far as i can tell.... i will be doing Evey line and filter ....its the first nos i ever got.... i can tell it was run as there is an imprint on the exhaust screen that's it never seen one with out a speck of saw dust....i just dont wanna run it if the seals are not good.....everything else is fall apart fuel lines etc.... not sure on oil line and filter but they will be replaced any ways carb rebuild also....i will snap some pics.....i also just got a very clean craftsman 2.3 cva used very lil ... its up and running.... replaced all the lines on it oil everything.waiting on new air filters....everything else on that one has been done and it runs pretty good.... will tune in wood soon....
16999095_10209417035926321_945722522589819032_n.jpg 16939579_10209417036006323_5928368746551836926_n.jpg 16864273_10209417035966322_5732972564484464522_n.jpg

I'll try to look tomorrow but I'm sure I have one around here. You would just have to cover the shipping.

Latest posts

Back