Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried making s-clips with windshield wiper strips but they were too thick. I found thin aluminum strips at lowes but they were to flimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I saw a three (pair) pack of spring adapters somewhere online but I can't find it now!

The S clips were designed for a bar with a 3/8" slot, if your trying to use them with a large mount Husky bar with a 9mm slot, it maybe necessary to file the slot just a bit to get it to fit. Thats not a bad thing as you can get a good fit that way.

The S clips are ok, but really not worth tracking down as far as I'm concerned, the hardware store extension springs work really good and are cheap.

The S clips were designed for a bar with a 3/8" slot, if your trying to use them with a large mount Husky bar with a 9mm slot, it maybe necessary to file the slot just a bit to get it to fit. Thats not a bad thing as you can get a good fit that way.

The S clips are ok, but really not worth tracking down as far as I'm concerned, the hardware store extension springs work really good and are cheap.
You don't have a pile of these laying around? i have several sizes, Homelite, Pioneer and Poulan.

I thought the D009 was supposed be 9.5 mm according the acres site. But the slot was measuring 9mm. I thought at first, I was nutty!

You don't have a pile of these laying around? i have several sizes, Homelite, Pioneer and Poulan.

I do probably have 8-10 not on saws. Don't need them much anymore and I like using the springs anyway. A few years back I got the part number for the S clips and tried to get them directly from Windsor.

They transferred me to either there warehouse or vendor and I bought a bag of like 50 from them, and when they arrived they were a bag of ring/spring type stud spacers so even Windsor quit using the S clips it seems.

It's too easy now just to pick up extension springs from Sears, Menards, Ace or where ever and just clip a few coils off one.

Tonight. Needed fire starter noodles. Actually, more like needed to smell some 32:1. Fire starter noodle bin was empty anyways. Win-win. Ran a few tanks through one of the 3000's a weekend ago. I've been working a kitchen/bath reno for a fellow at night/weekends. He wanted some small silver maples dropped in his yard and cut up. He was going to hire a company. Poulan got paid that day instead.

DSC00884.JPG

Back