Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can find one or two of the foam tank seals for the 3400/3700/3800 model? I find both PN 19093 and 19122 depending on which IPL I look at.

Mark
Mark, I have a 3400 IPL from 1980 that doesn't show that gasket.

They are out there but at a high price. If you want to make one up just use some closed cell neoprene weather stripping and if you can't get a piece wide enough glue the pieces together with crazy glue. The original is just black foam.

Finished up the 1 owner poulan 3450 20" I got from original owner. First 3450 I have seen come with the HDA137 carb. Most of them come with the HDA164.
This 137 had a slight problem since new IMHO. Noticed when taking carb apart the diaphragm side with check valve flaps. One flap was partially covered by the gasket. This could have been the issue with this carb.
On the CR website we thought wrong gasket = I thought that last night too. But it looked right.
So I just went out and checked. The gasket is right and the diaphragm is right. The diaphragm was double punched on its locating tab holes. Elongating them. So when it was installed at factory or if someone rebuilt it before it was off if you didnt pay attention to it closely.
I put a poulan OEM 16" 3/8 050 60DL K041 bar on it for testing with today.

DSCF9129.JPG DSCF9131.JPG DSCF9127.JPG

I took a little time this long weekend and put together a 3400 with a 3700 top end and ran it side by side with a 3400, the difference is notable. Thanks again to Redunshee for the starter pulley. I thought you might enjoy seeing the later development on securing the rope since there was some discussion about this a few pages back.

View attachment 589026

View attachment 589027

Does anyone know where I can find one or two of the foam tank seals for the 3400/3700/3800 model? I find both PN 19093 and 19122 depending on which IPL I look at.

Mark
Mark, did you put a 3700 air filter cover on your 3400/3700? I believe the extra air openings contribute a bit too performance. There was a discussion about thus a couple years ago.

Mark, did you put a 3700 air filter cover on your 3400/3700? I believe the extra air openings contribute a bit too performance. There was a discussion about thus a couple years ago.

For whatever reason, all the Canadian Poulans except the 4000 that I have are wearing the 3700 AF cover. I don't think there's anymore availability of air flow as the comb in the standard cover likely flows more air than the rear vented 3700 cover. That comb is not there on the 3700 cover. All the air comes from the rear.
I wonder if they did that to draw air from the rear of the saw to keep the AF cleaner. The rebranded saws all have the standard cover, even the 3700 Craftsman saws.
I find the AF doesn't seem any cleaner with either of the covers.

Did you guys know that Poulan offered two AF covers for the 3800? One was the standard cover and the other was a 530024845 Winter Kit Carb. Cover.

I have at least one of those with that PN moulded in and it's just a 3700 AF cover with a different PN.The 3700 AF cover was 530025892

They are even worse with a chain brake. If I am going to noodle with a PP395 I will put a clutch cover with no chain brake on it.

What's your best noodling saw? I have to do that frequently with gnarly wood I can't split with an axe. I just finished a bunch of Linden which is crap to begin with and splits along the growth rings. Cuts fast with a saw though.

Back