Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is anyone here bidding on this 5200? Just wanted to check to make sure before I put my bids in, don't want to step on anyone's toes. It's the last Saw at the tippy top of my list that I want before I take a break, I currently have all the others on the way to me.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/162575309810
Love it when it fires up and shuts down, just hope the gas tank is ok and p/c is good. Go for it, there's a few on the bay right now.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

You need to jump on the one for 650, don't think anyone would out bid ya. I've been watching the prices on the 4200, 5200 and 8500 series on the bay. Someone has relisted a 4200 case again for the same price as last, they can't take a hint on lowering the price of they want to sale it.

So is anyone here bidding on this 5200? Just wanted to check to make sure before I put my bids in, don't want to step on anyone's toes. It's the last Saw at the tippy top of my list that I want before I take a break, I currently have all the others on the way to me.

I was eyeballing that one, but I have one to fix up already. So if you want it go for it. But if you bow out let me know.

What's your best noodling saw? I have to do that frequently with gnarly wood I can't split with an axe. I just finished a bunch of Linden which is crap to begin with and splits along the growth rings. Cuts fast with a saw though.

I would say the higher RPM saws that I have modified. In the 60cc range I would use my 3500 or 3750. In the 83cc range I would use my 505.

The PP455 series of saws will clear noodles like nobody's business.

Not me I have an early 5200 already. It does not see much use.

I would say the higher RPM saws that I have modified. In the 60cc range I would use my 3500 or 3750. In the 83cc range I would use my 505.

The PP455 series of saws will clear noodles like nobody's business.

My 336 clears them well and the 036 does almost as well. I find the best I have is a MAC 7-10. I'll have to give one of the Pioneers a try next time. I did try a little Micro which jammed up in about 5 seconds.

Love it when it fires up and shuts down, just hope the gas tank is ok and p/c is good. Go for it, there's a few on the bay right now.

I'm lucky where I live as they are rare and have no rep with people (Poulan junk) so if they do come up, they are cheap.

Asked about the gas tank and if anything is visual broken, av mounts, case.

What did they say?

I was eyeballing that one, but I have one to fix up already. So if you want it go for it. But if you bow out let me know.

I will let you know!

Put some more of the stickers together to hang them up with the others.

View attachment 589417 View attachment 589418 View attachment 589419

like the top wife one

I bought my 4200 $50, 5200 $75, 8500, $100. I felt pretty lucky.

View attachment 589510View attachment 589508 View attachment 589509

I got more than that in my 4200. I wanted a nice one, tho, when I was lookin. piston looks new. since found starter cover decal.

poulan 4200 001.JPG poulan 4200 003.JPG

I was but it's not the top of my list. I will sit this one out still looking for the PP 525 to finish that series if I go after this one the one I want will pop up next week lol

Well I'm bowing out of the 5200 I posted, there is a 4200 on there I might try to get as long as no one else wants it, the seller couldn't verify the condition of the piston so I won't be bidding on it, if it has a scorched piston then it might as well be useless

Back