Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the one I picked up last week mView attachment 827315ine needed a air filter/cover and clutch bearing, put new fuel lines on runs good now

I sold a sister saw to it a 2700 to a friend from work.

Wonder why same cc saws but called 2700 2800. They made no sense IMO at times.

p2700.jpg

Getting ready to mill this big piece of elm and got the 475 out to trim it up some so I can make my cuts in the direction at want.
Will use a Husqvarna 2100 with a 42" bar to mill it.

View attachment 827406
All I can say Roger....I would hate to be a woodpecker in Wyoming!!! :laugh:

So a 335 will bolt up?

Steve Sidwell

I have not known anyone Steve to put a cylinder from a 335 on a 2700. I do not know if the bolt pattern is the same for the cylinder and then I am not sure what the stroke of the crank is for the two different saws. That would be pretty cool for a swap. Everything else looks similar as far as the air filter setup and the impulse.

So a 335 will bolt up?

Steve Sidwell

I never done or had to do the swap from 46 to 49 or 54. But crankcases, crank etc are all the same from memory. If thinking right all direct swap.

I have that 335 NOS cylinder I will match it up to a 3.0 cyl I pulled from a grey case today if I think about it.

This is why I always sold the 46cc ones off. If going to carry it mise well have it in 49cc 54cc and why I chose them in 54cc.

Well I was gonna ask after seeing that pic, WHERE IN THE HECK DID YOU FIND A TREE.[emoji28]

Steve Sidwell

There is a small town about 10 miles from me with a population of about 300 people. They had a compost for awhile that I would go and check for trees that had been cut down and dumped there. That large piece of elm came from there. I winched it into my trailer. They closed the compost down last year so I go the Cheyenne or up to the mountains to look for wood. Every now and then I will get word that a rancher has some dead elm that he want to get rid of I will cut those down for the wood. Here is one example. This was a elm tree that the rancher wanted removed.

IMG_1052.JPG

The saw is a Poulan 505.

IMG_1054.JPG

There is a small town about 10 miles from me with a population of about 300 people. They had a compost for awhile that I would go and check for trees that had been cut down and dumped there. That large piece of elm came from there. I winched it into my trailer. They closed the compost down last year so I go the Cheyenne or up to the mountains to look for wood. Every now and then I will get word that a rancher has some dead elm that he want to get rid of I will cut those down for the wood. Here is one example. This was a elm tree that the rancher wanted removed.

View attachment 827834

The saw is a Poulan 505.

View attachment 827835
Used to be a lot of elm on Vermont. Not anymore, though I hear there is a disease resistant elm being replanted. Loved the spread on those elms.

Been wanting to upgrade the spike on the 5200 since I got it, so I was playing around last night trying to get a visual using a spike I had cut for my Macs. I’ll have to make a few tweaks, then get a flat pattern drawn up for the laser then block out numbers for forming.

I think it will look proper. :)
B845384E-9220-4E3B-8555-7CE9D98CEDC9.jpeg
3DDF1678-F826-42D2-AC12-E239F267A7EA.jpeg

Been wanting to upgrade the spike on the 5200 since I got it, so I was playing around last night trying to get a visual using a spike I had cut for my Macs. I’ll have to make a few tweaks, then get a flat pattern drawn up for the laser then block out numbers for forming.

I think it will look proper. :)
View attachment 827881
Looking good. I bet you could sell a few of those to the guys on this thread.

Back