Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2800 worm gear arrived. Seems someone could easily make one if they had proper access. I'll try to attach a picture . The threaded bolt that prys the gear off the shaft is a 3/8-16 thread. The large cylindrical pipe that screws onto the gear itself has a thread pitch of 12. No idea what the size is. Possibly 3/4". Supposed to be getting two more but who really knows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 12
Wait a minute. Normally there is no stud in the case as u use a hex bolt to attach the cover to the saw. Now, someone may have actually used a threaded rod and made a case bolt. I did that on three of my S25's. If so it's simply a matter of unscrewing it. You may have to heat it if they used red Loctite.

i agree, lock to nuts together on the stud if there is one and turn the inside nut counter clockwise to remove the stud.

hey kostas, you pay the postage and i'll send you some stinking snow. don't need it. just sayin.
Merry Christmas to ya'll
ok,im in.I'll start a conversation.lol.If i was in your place,i wouldn't need it as well.We tend to want what we can't have.
I really like sitting next to the fireplace and watch outside the snow falling.I hope for some this year.

i have some Poulan chain 3/8 X 050 set up for 117 links, anyone know what that might fit? 36" bar?

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Normally there is no stud in the case as u use a hex bolt to attach the cover to the saw. Now, someone may have actually used a threaded rod and made a case bolt. I did that on three of my S25's. If so it's simply a matter of unscrewing it. You may have to heat it if they used red Loctite.

I've been meaning to do that conversion on a couple of XXV series saws that I run quite a bit. Having the bar bolt thread right into the mag case isn't the best idea in the world. The Micro series saws have a stud, as do some of the very late PoulanPro branded XXV series saws.

Maybe I should just replace it once the tool arrives. The idle just seems to fluctuate too much. Unlike my 3000's which hold the idle fine. Even switched carbs and it still does it.

Tool arrived and as easy as pie, the worm gear came out. Even used the tool to replace the gear after replacing the crank seal. Even though I couldN't see a vacuum leak using the grease approach, replacing the seal cured the idle problem. Must have been a tiny leak. Merry Christmas everyone!

Bob

Latest posts

Back