Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try this unless a machinist can hive you something better

Bolt the muffler up with the one good bolt tight enough so t won't move too easily but loose enough so you can shift into the correct position.
Take a little fast dry spray paint and spray through the bolt hole in the muffler onto the flange.
Let the paint dry enough so you can mark it.

I would take something with a fine sharp point that so you can see exactly where you are going the mark the paint as close to the middle of the circle possible.

Pull the muffler and see if your happy with where the mark is in the circle, center punch and drill.

You could also try marking intersecting line with a scribe.

If your not happy with where you've marked the hole, touch it up with more paint and try again.

I would try to square the cylinder up on your drill press and drill the hole using the stop on the press. It helps a lot to get a hole in the right plane and stops over drilling the depth.
I like that idea. The 3000 has a third bolt hole at the bottom so lining the muffler up should be a lot easier. Thanks.

Finally all my boxes arrived from the dealers I been buying from. Not a bad week of arrivals.

Poulan 3450 type 3 60cc.
2 NOS 60cc cylinders 380
2 NOS 60cc piston kits 380
2 415 475 cylinder covers
1 PP415 = will be pulling that old air filter style tank etc and updating it to the 505 style.

Finally all my boxes arrived from the dealers I been buying from. Not a bad week of arrivals.

Poulan 3450 type 3 60cc.
2 NOS 60cc cylinders 380
2 NOS 60cc piston kits 380
2 415 475 cylinder covers
1 PP415 = will be pulling that old air filter style tank etc and updating it to the 505 style.
Looks like 8 new saws to me

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

The 330 I acquired recently has the goofy bar with the built in adjuster. I went ahead and ordered the adjuster to switch it over. Was thinking of getting a new bar. I was wondering if this saw would pull a 3/8 20" bar. That way it can match the 3500. If it'll be a mouth full for it I will go a different route. What do you guys think?

The 330 I acquired recently has the goofy bar with the built in adjuster. I went ahead and ordered the adjuster to switch it over. Was thinking of getting a new bar. I was wondering if this saw would pull a 3/8 20" bar. That way it can match the 3500. If it'll be a mouth full for it I will go a different route. What do you guys think?

The 330 had a regular adjuster, did someone remove it and use that bar from a PP295? The 330 will pull a 3/8-20" just fine. They actually came with 3/8-22" for the last few years available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 330 had a regular adjuster, did someone remove it and use that bar from a PP295? The 330 will pull a 3/8-20" just fine. They actually came with 3/8-22" for the last few years available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I assume someone removed the original adjuster for some reason because it is missing. I am going to return it to original then go with a 20" 3/8 bar.
Don't know why someone would switch to that goofy adjuster setup. I hate it!

Went and did it again! Bought a 3800 of EBay. Offered $75 but shipping was high. One of the bar studs fell in the oil tank, I guess. Hope the case isn't cracked. Guess I'll find out. Seems as soon as I sell a saw The money burns a hole in my pocket and I buy another. That's CAD.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. We were worried about you when you were thinking sell.

Latest posts

Back