Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the best way to make the old sprocket nose bars look like new Poulan bars again? Paint removal ,Paint colors ,type, and lettering . View attachment 827238
Unfortunately what Mike said is the only way I ever got one. Can be expensive too, especially the larger ones. That one on my 5200. is 30" and 36" on the 655. Seem to recall I paid like $70 for them, not including the chain. Seems to me I recall someone sold or made some stencils for painting bars. I could be dreaming though.

Gregg,

Unfortunately what Mike said is the only way I ever got one. Can be expensive too, especially the larger ones. That one on my 5200. is 30" and 36" on the 655. Seem to recall I paid like $70 for them, not including the chain. Seems to me I recall someone sold or made some stencils for painting bars. I could be dreaming though.

Gregg,
I did a search on eBay and found a 18” sprocket nose with the Poulan lettering but I didn’t see any longer bars . I have some good bars and was hoping to restore them to their original look with correct lettering . A stencil sounds like a good idea . Thanks

I did a search on eBay and found a 18” sprocket nose with the Poulan lettering but I didn’t see any longer bars . I have some good bars and was hoping to restore them to their original look with correct lettering . A stencil sounds like a good idea . Thanks

I wish you all the luck in the world with that.
I've seen a few try it and for a shelf queen they can be made to look decent but I still haven't seen any that looked "right".
It's just really hard to get the bars prepped to the point that they don't look refurbished.

Mike

Well crap. Parts are parts. ‍ :drinkingcoffee: In worst case

Poulan 2800 just couldnt say no this time. Watched it for over a week and would have paid asking price. But didnt want to ask my son to pick up for me. Well he lowered price like a good fish bait and set the hook, so I called son. Only 2 blocks from him he said.

As seen.

p2800.jpg

What is the best way to make the old sprocket nose bars look like new Poulan bars again? Paint removal ,Paint colors ,type, and lettering . View attachment 827238
I had a NOS bar that had surface rust from sitting in a moist garage. I used cheap silver sparkle paint from the hardware store. It held up till I wrecked the bar many cords later. Granted I cut softwood so my bars wear our before the paint wears off.

If you do paint, let the paint cure a long time. My friend always said let paint on metal sit till you can’t smell it anymore if you can. Adheres much better.

Well crap. Parts are parts. ‍♂ In worst case

Poulan 2800 just couldnt say no this time. Watched it for over a week and would have paid asking price. But didnt want to ask my son to pick up for me. Well he lowered price like a good fish bait and set the hook, so I called son. Only 2 blocks from him he said.

As seen.

View attachment 827300
Looks like the one I picked up last week m20200429_152939.jpgine needed a air filter/cover and clutch bearing, put new fuel lines on runs good now

Looks like the fuel tank is cracked. What's the bigger cylinder that will fit under the hood of a 2800 without modifications?
Was looking at a 3300 and wondered if it would fit.
Steve Sidwell

No clue if cracked as it is still at sons place up north. Dont matter if it is. Gone tanks galore.

49cc 305 3000 3.0 and 54cc 335 3.3 3300

It wont go on there. But I have a NOS 335 predator set. In this pic somewhere.

pnosp.jpg

Latest posts

Back