npw bb7900 my poor judgement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 260 cylinder was not even close to this turd pictured. Several people, one was me, wanted to buy that cylinder also just to prove it would run and run great. I got a Mahle cylinder now that has chipped coating in places, off a husky 350. It has alot of hours on it but no cracks between the ports.:dizzy: Andy just said it best, you get what ya pay for.

Were you around when that batch of bad 046 cylinders came in from Mahle in '97? Those were mis-cast so badly that you couldn't even slide a new piston without rings into them. Mahle only let 140,000 of those into the pipeline...

We spent days and days taking new saws out of the box apart and replacing the top ends.

What about those MS-440 cylinders in '99-2000 that had the lip on the lower transfer too tall and it would puddle fuel there and kill the saw when the operator went to pick it up after it sat idling for a few seconds? Again we spent many days taking new saws out of the boxes, taking them apart, and grinding the lower transfer lip down on both sides of the cylinders and putting them back together...

What about that batch of MS-290 cylinders that had the bearing seats mis-cast allowing an air leak in a brand new saw? Oopsie-diddle...

ill say that baileys is 1 great company they stand by ther stuff thanks pete

Were you around when that batch of bad 046 cylinders came in from Mahle in '97? Those were mis-cast so badly that you couldn't even slide a new piston without rings into them. Mahle only let 140,000 of those into the pipeline...

We spent days and days taking new saws out of the box apart and replacing the top ends.

What about those MS-440 cylinders in '99-2000 that had the lip on the lower transfer too tall and it would puddle fuel there and kill the saw when the operator went to pick it up after it sat idling for a few seconds? Again we spent many days taking new saws out of the boxes, taking them apart, and grinding the lower transfer lip down on both sides of the cylinders and putting them back together...

What about that batch of MS-290 cylinders that had the bearing seats mis-cast allowing an air leak in a brand new saw? Oopsie-diddle...

Nice!! Yup you can get crap OEM. Just look at GM!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oopsie-diddle! I like that one. LOL.

Nice!! Yup you can get crap OEM. Just look at GM!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oopsie-diddle! I like that one. LOL.

Government Motors makes very good cars now

The sad thing about GM, they knew all along how to make good cars, however management was only concerned about their stock options / bonus each quarter.
To make those short term profits the incentive game required cost cutting that resulted in 70% complete designs being yanked out of Engineers hands, put into production, and the bugs worked out by the Consumer in the first years of production.

A predicible ending resulted.

Management's theory that there will always be another idiot to buy their crap cars, may have a worked for a few years even decades (depending on where you place the high water mark)

MBA teachings are still old school (watch the money, turn a profit via cost cutting, or cut your losses break up and sell parts of the company, buy another Company try again)

Technology driven Brands necessitate a long term approach of innovation, developing the brand through improving customer experience and trust.

Hard work and costly in the short term to do it right but worth it in the long term.

I think Bailey's has the Customer experience and building trust part nailed

I was more into chasing the females at that time but I get the point. Any brand can put out bad products. Sounds like all those problems were from Mahle, I can't remember when Stihl started doing their own casts. Much later than '00 I thought. I was just correcting the Stihl bashers on that 260 cylinder. Either way, Mahle and Baileys are/had fixed their mistakes. I can say though from all the stories I've heard here and from dealers, no aftermarket BB kits will be in any of my saws.

Just happened to be a coincidence! This thread was going on! I have not had alot of problems with baileys, actually none except for shipping seems really slow over last few months.

Anyway I had ordered some parts I needed for this weekend for a job, ordered them on 02/04/10 they were all there no back-ordered and said shipped that day. So I thought great Ill have them no prob , even had a tracking # so today I decide to check on them , the tracking # was no good , called them he said oh that # is fake just a # we generate to say they are in the warehouse ready to be shipped. I say well whats the hold up then, he says he"ll check. I find out there is no reason just had not got to them yet so they are shipped today, at least thats what they say! No apology no free overnight shipping , nothing Great customer service they have now days!

I say well whats the hold up then, he says he"ll check. I find out there is no reason just had not got to them yet so they are shipped today, at least thats what they say! No apology no free overnight shipping , nothing Great customer service they have now days!
As discussed over on the Bailey's forum, they are swamped these days. I suspect the Carlton bar closeout is generating a lot of business for them. I placed an order last week because I couldn't pass up the Carlton deal.

It took a few extra days for the order to ship, but I was anticipating that, no big deal. It's winter, not a lot of wood cutting going on, just tinkering with saws in the shop.

As discussed over on the Bailey's forum, they are swamped these days. I suspect the Carlton bar closeout is generating a lot of business for them. I placed an order last week because I couldn't pass up the Carlton deal.

It took a few extra days for the order to ship, but I was anticipating that, no big deal. It's winter, not a lot of wood cutting going on, just tinkering with saws in the shop.

It is a big deal to me! If they say Itll be shipped that day thats what I expect.Its called customer service If you cant keep up hire more people or dont say itll be shipped today , say itll be shipped when we get around to it a week later!

Sounds like the best thing that could happen for Baileys is if you just took your business somewhere else. ;)

Mr. HE:cool:

Sounds like the best thing that could happen for Baileys is if you just took your business somewhere else. ;)

How can you blame the man for being upset? He was told his item was shipped when it was not? He even had a tracking number, only to find out it wasn't real. Maybe there's some communicaion break down here, but if not, I don't blame him.

How can you blame the man for being upset? He was told his item was shipped when it was not? He even had a tracking number, only to find out it wasn't real. Maybe there's some communicaion break down here, but if not, I don't blame him.

I'm not blaming him for being upset.

In the case of late shiiping I have to defer to Baileys, as much as I disagree with the poor quality of jug being sent out, it is tough to hold every single employee up to the corporate standard or goal, as a company you try to instill the corporate values and goals and that the customer truly is #1 everyday, but not all will follow. You try to weed those out that don't embrace those same goals. I'm sure Bailey's has added new staff to help handle the increase in business, maybe even using a temp service, it's unfair to expect those people to go from zero to Grande Dog's example of service in such a short period. It's just growing pains, I'm sure Nik will figure it out, you can't stand beside every person eight hours a day. It's a molding process, people aren't used to a company being customer orientated in this day and age, takes them awhile, once they accept it works they'll find it is one of the most rewarding places to work.

Thanks brad! I am upset because I needed it this weekend for a job and thought it was on its way, until yesterday. And no I'm not a baileys hater I still buy most of my stuff there, just have a couple issues one being I felt like they could have shipped the stuff express since they said it was their mistake. At least I would have had them for tomorrow. But they did not and also did not apologize for the hold up. The only other issue I have with baileys is the quality of the bb kits, I dont think they are up to Baileys standards, I know they are cheap but I would much rather pay a little more for a little more quality.

He is intimating that the best thing for Bailey's is to lose some good customers, and learn the hard way.

I have been confused about the aim of this thread anyway.

First guy is mad, at someone, finally is mad at the guys that gave him certain advice, then another, mad about something else, just boils down to a
good old WHINE thread, which Baileys should read, but should not really be here......

Maybe we could have a wife/in-law thread/sticky too......

If I have a problem with a vendor, I talk to them, or buy elsewhere.

The money/business is the ultimate vote/rep. The only one that matters,
anyway..............

Fish gets it!

(I'd say something about Hippie Lettuce, but I can't be sure it applies in this case.):hmm3grin2orange:

Baileys will learn if they lose a customer, it is the way of business. If it is an isolated case they won't even miss him.

He'll be happier if he doesn't buy from them, and it will help him get over his frustration this time.

See? Everybody wins.:clap:

Back