Opinions on limbing saw ms 261, husky 346xp or ported 350 husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell the 261, send the 346 off for porting, and keep the 350 as a backup, if you feel the need.

The 261 is touted to be better for all around use, and its a little heavier than than the Husky. You just need a high-rpm lightweight limbing saw, which is the textbook definition of a ported 346, IMO.

If you want a true limbing saw look a 545/550. If u have a a 545/550 next to a 346 they are a touch slimmer and lighter and stronger stock. If u port them the 346 will have the advantage.

:laugh: come on steve, lets be real. we all know you haven't even started that 262 yet so how do you know it is "balls to the wall". in fact i bet you rubbed baby oil on it 5 times while posting here. i bet the saw hasn't even seen outdoors since the previous owner shipped it to you. :D

your a fag!!!

WC90... While it is true I dont make a living in the woods, I do use my saws. I dont abuse them however. I live a very fast paced life and am not able to just cut for days on end. I was able to end my work day early on Friday and go pull these. I dropped 8 more but couldnt haul them on this load. Ran 2.5 gal thru the 254 and 262xp. Id appreciate it if the cynical/ derogatory remarks would stop. We dont know what trials, test of faith, responsibilites we each face in life. I have my plate full. Between running a trucking company, handling RTO contracts, being a husband, father, caring for my 70year old parents and 91 year old grandmother.... Im just keeping up.121214 Wood Haul.jpg121214 Wood Haul 2.jpg121214 Wood Haul 3.jpg
Regards,
SB

Its all fun and games. I work with a guy who logged for 20 years in Oregon and Washington. I tell him that u west coast boys run those long bars cause u never seen hardwood before:lol:

I wouldn't put any of my business out there on a public forum but each to their own.

346/550 outshine the 261 limbing by a good margin as they were designed to limb.

Its all fun and games. I work with a guy who logged for 20 years in Oregon and Washington. I tell him that u west coast boys run those long bars cause u never seen hardwood before:lol:
I spent 3 years out in the mid west and some how figured out how to cut hard wood with my west coast stuff it aint rocket science.

I ported the 350 myself. I am no pro but it really brought it to life after I did it. Do you guys have any suggestions/tips on porting because I have another 350 I am going to do.
Were we ever told who ported the 350?

Back