Oregon reduced weight bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coonans are really fine. Soooo much more than a 38 super. My daughters favorites are a Belgian Hi-Power and a High Standard Victor, the original ones. She takes whatever guns she likes from me. So far she takes the best.

You raised her well ! She's no dummy

I agree with losing a few pounds, however that doesn't do anything for the stress on your wrists, elbows, and shoulders from running a big saw with a long bar all day. Come on out west and I'll put you on a logging job cutting timber 6 hours a day on a full-manufacture production side and then we'll see what you have to say about a few ounces.

See now I feel bad. I laugh every time I see some fat bastard riding a $4k, 10lb bicycle down the street, wearing clothes so tight it should be against the law. I have now learned that he is doing it so save his ankles, knees and hips.

Can learn a lot in here.

But that is a patent that was awarded to Sugihara and the Sugis are less flex prone due to more cross supports

The two bars are night and day,the Sugi's (I have 3) are almost as heavy as a Powermatch, while the Reduced Weight is much lighter. Besides, like mentioned the Sugi tips are junk and hard to find to boot, in my neck of the woods.
I have been running Reduced Weight's for bout' 6 years and have never touched anything else since. If tweaked they are easily fixed and the rails are tough like the Oregon Pro bars, not as soft as the Power Match.

The two bars are night and day,the Sugi's (I have 3) are almost as heavy as a Powermatch, while the Reduced Weight is much lighter. Besides, like mentioned the Sugi tips are junk and hard to find to boot, in my neck of the woods.
I have been running Reduced Weight's for bout' 6 years and have never touched anything else since. If tweaked they are easily fixed and the rails are tough like the Oregon Pro bars, not as soft as the Power Match.

Are the reduced weight Oregons made in the USA?

You see there are different markets

Here in the east is very different from the cutting done out there.

Here there is more occasional use of long bars and also some chain milling.

Out there there is more larger timber felling on a much more regular basis.

I am not in any way downing Oregon bars just offering an alternative and made mention of the patent because people seem to be all gung ho about protecting American and German and Swedish patents when many times either the patents do not exist or the patents have long since expired.

There are different markets for many products and out here particularly now lower price is a very important consideration.

Here the guys did not like the flex of the Oregons for the reasons I mentioned.

Remember too that here the Tsumaras are still a staple so the Sugiharas are a godsend weight wise

Btw

Here we have several high volume firewood sellers that bought multiple GB TI processor bars and they are considering changing to the Oregons to see if they wear better.....the Oregons seem REAL wear resistant in this particular application.

It is a pity they are not made in shorter lenghts, like 24" and 20".....:censored:

It is a pity they are not made in shorter lenghts, like 24" and 20".....:censored:

We have requested shorter lengths and they are looking into it right now. As for where they are made, the bodies are essentially "Oregon Pro" bars made in Guelph, Ontario. They are then shipped to Portland, Oregon where they are machined out and the aluminum is inserted. So, they are made both in Canada and the U.S.A. (As of this winter).

Thank you for the reply......I think I looked on the tail once but did not see either country listed but it was a while ago.....and I am going blind

We have requested shorter lengths and they are looking into it right now. As for where they are made, the bodies are essentially "Oregon Pro" bars made in Guelph, Ontario. They are then shipped to Portland, Oregon where they are machined out and the aluminum is inserted. So, they are made both in Canada and the U.S.A. (As of this winter).

The Baileys site says they are a powermatch bar with the insert. For sure they are an Oregon Pro body?

I just don't see paying twice the price and for a flexible bar.

They are indeed expensive, but not as flexible as many might think. Besides if tweaked, they are easily straightened.
I will never run a "lead" bar again.
I ran a 066 with a 36" Cannon for years, maybe that's why my back aches.

They are indeed expensive, but not as flexible as many might think. Besides if tweaked, they are easily straightened.
I will never run a "lead" bar again.
I ran a 066 with a 36" Cannon for years, maybe that's why my back aches.

How many chains do you get out of a bar?

Do you run all 36", or do you have an assortment? Just curious.

Latest posts

Back