Poll Pro-mod, Anti-mod, Neutral

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You a Pro-Modder, Anti-Modder or sitting on the fence?

• Pro-Modder

Votes: 133 59.1%
  • Anti-Modder

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Fence Sitter

Votes: 73 32.4%

• Total voters

timberwolf

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So where are people at when it comes to modding saw, either just muffler or port work?

Anyone willing to belly up to the bar and say why?

I have enough trouble just keeping / finding parts and re-building stock saws. Don't have time for porting. Stock saws are fine. But if you wanna port...enjoy.

I'm all for it. The saws run cooler, make more power, have better throttle response and sound better. Plus, you get to learn about how the saws are put together, where the weak links are and how to service them in the field if needed.

The only minus I guess is that it'll burn more fuel and there is that small chance of screwing things up and having to buy a new jug.

Make mine ported! It's a hobby more than a making a living for me, might as well have some fun. :cheers:

I'd like to get more into modding saws but I don't have the time working 6 or 7days a week. As long as it has a sharp chain, and starts when I want it to I'm happy.

my only modded/ported saw so far is a ms360.... did it myself/ourself with lots of help and encouragement from many here and elsewhere (timberwolf and brad snelling were extremely helpful, thanks guys)
have not timed it yet, but i can say for sure it'll outcut my stock 460, that ones getting operated on next...
oh, and the saw is lighter now too !!!!!!! just thought of that...lol

:agree2::agree2:

I will say one thing though. I did run a stock saw the other day and it sure was nice and quiet.

I was doing the muffler mods on mine for awhile, I have found that I'm not in a big hurry and I like a quieter saw now......

Anti-mod. Guys that modify saws are egotistical jerks. :)

JJ,

I plead guilty to liking my saws modded. I guess the jerk part applies too. Ya got me there. I'll get back to you as soon as I can figure out that egotistical part.

Cheers,

Joat

My saws are all stock, mainly because I like them to be quiet, but I do think I'm going to open the muffler up on my 61 as it seems to be really strangled and I think a mod might wake it up a bit

Latest posts

Back