Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my 2010 5105 with a 5100 muffler. It wears a 16" Power Match bar with 3/8 X .050 X 60DL Stihl RSCDolmar 5105 with 5100 muffler.JPG chain.

I've got a 119 on my project shelf and was thinking about doing a freshening up on it. Gaskets, seals and rings. I looked in the IPL and didn't see a complete set number for the gaskets. Is there one or do I have to try to locate the gaskets seperately?

Also any oddball parts that I can't get anymore for this saw?

Any issues or parts needed to service the oil pump on this puppy?

Last question. The chain brake clutch cover seems to be from a newer saw, perhaps a 6000i judging by the other parts tossed in a box with the saw when I got it. It seems to slip on rather nicely, but will it engage the clutch or not? Anyone know?

I think the last I checked, this saw has good spark, so I wasn't going to do anything there but clean up any sawdust residue.

Been a while since I have visited the forum but this morning I happened to go to a yardsale just down the road and found this. It was used in an Alaska chainsaw mill and someone bought the mill for a saw they already owned! So missed a deal on mill but paid $200 CAN for this saw. I can't find anything wrong with it yet. I started it right up. The bar seems to still have life left in it. The chain needs some serious sharpening. The PO has a set of dogs for it that he will get back to me with, along with some ripping chain. Its got a 24" oregon bar and was in a 24" mill. I am planning on getting a new 24" mill for it and exploring chainsaw milling.
I have had my eye on the DCS 6421 with the 79cc big bore kit at Bailey's for a few years now but I did not really NEED one and the price of them just keeps climbing! Now I can have my cake and eat it too.

New to site, and soon to Dolmar saws.

I have a question: Looking at two different saws, a PS 510 (new) or a Sachs Dolmar 111 (used). t

The 510 is ~$100 more than the 111. The 510 has a 20" bar with the 3/8 chain, the 111 has the original 16" bar with ? chain.

Money not the issue, leaning towards the 510 only because it is new. But really like the looks of the 111.

The saw is replacing my 26 yr old Homelite 410 (68cc) that has finally died. It was equipped with a 20" bar and 3/8 chisel tooth. Heavy but it cut extremely well. For what I do now I doubt that I need anything this large.

I have a 3 acre woodlot I keep cleaned up, plus help friends cut heating wood, and occasional storm damaged tree removal on some of the cottages I take care of.

Any thoughts?

Dolmar 123 questions.
I have a real nice Dolmar 123 in the shop and the owner wants a 32" bar put on it. I told him it would be too much bar for the saw but I have never used a 123. >> Please give me some guidance so I can give him the best options for this.

New to site, and soon to Dolmar saws.

I have a question: Looking at two different saws, a PS 510 (new) or a Sachs Dolmar 111 (used). t

The 510 is ~$100 more than the 111. The 510 has a 20" bar with the 3/8 chain, the 111 has the original 16" bar with ? chain.

Money not the issue, leaning towards the 510 only because it is new. But really like the looks of the 111.

The saw is replacing my 26 yr old Homelite 410 (68cc) that has finally died. It was equipped with a 20" bar and 3/8 chisel tooth. Heavy but it cut extremely well. For what I do now I doubt that I need anything this large.

I have a 3 acre woodlot I keep cleaned up, plus help friends cut heating wood, and occasional storm damaged tree removal on some of the cottages I take care of.

Any thoughts?
Never used a 510 but i know the 111i is a very good 51/52cc saw and has held their own for a very long time and you wont go wrong with it

Thanks for the reply.

Did some more research and ended up with an SD 114.

Also have a line on a Husky 545 that is slated for a complete rebuild.

Dolmar 123 questions.
I have a real nice Dolmar 123 in the shop and the owner wants a 32" bar put on it. I told him it would be too much bar for the saw but I have never used a 123. >> Please give me some guidance so I can give him the best options for this.

No. 28" absolutely max with full skip if you held a gun to my head on that saw. It's only 70cc saw and simply will not comfortably pull that much bar. Even in a once in a blue moon use I wouldn't go that long. 24" full comp chain would probably be pretty decent on it. If it were a 143 (95cc) top end I would do it but not on a 123.

They sold a bunch of those saws (70cc) as demo/cutoffs.

Those were all governed to low RPM (so the wheels wouldn't come apart).

As 70cc saws go, them dudes have some good power as well as weight.

I have never came across a 32 inch bar for one?

Those saws take the big mount (14mm) and the only ones I have come across in many years are 28" and 30".

I did buy a lot of 33" large Stihl mounts, but the oiler holes needed modified (as with any of the large mount Stihl bars on a SD)

32" is fo' sure pushing it, but so was 28" on the old mac 10 10s eh?

Thanks for the reply on the saw guys. Its sitting here and the owner runs all Stihl and had bought the 123 at a sale with a big Stihl bar on it and doesn't like it. He thinks it is worth $350 and I said he is too high. Its just sitting here for now.

So I got my 114 today, looks good, has good compression (by feel), runs great. But it also leaks fuel out the top of the tank where the feed line comes thru. I have a pen pointing at the place in the third pic. Need some advice as to how this is repaired. It leaks as soon as the saw is held sideways.
20140515_140120-jpg.350514

20140515_140134-jpg.350516

Here is the one with the pen pointing at the leak site:

20140515_140801-jpg.350518

At this point the seller is willing to give me a substantial refund for my trouble so I believe it is going to end up a good deal still.

Edit: Ok I just looked at the IPL and see that there is supposed to be a vent tube with spring on the piece the pen is touching. Can I assume that this is the issue? If so do I need to find an OEM or can I fabricate one?

Thanks!

Rob

Attachments

• 20140515_140120.jpg
    20140515_140120.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 20140515_140134.jpg
    20140515_140134.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20140515_140801.jpg
    20140515_140801.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 159
So I got my 114 today, looks good, has good compression (by feel), runs great. But it also leaks fuel out the top of the tank where the feed line comes thru. I have a pen pointing at the place in the third pic. Need some advice as to how this is repaired. It leaks as soon as the saw is held sideways.
20140515_140120-jpg.350514

20140515_140134-jpg.350516

Here is the one with the pen pointing at the leak site:

20140515_140801-jpg.350518

At this point the seller is willing to give me a substantial refund for my trouble so I believe it is going to end up a good deal still.

Edit: Ok I just looked at the IPL and see that there is supposed to be a vent tube with spring on the piece the pen is touching. Can I assume that this is the issue? If so do I need to find an OEM or can I fabricate one?

Thanks!

Rob

If you can find a piece of gas line hose that will slip on over that threaded stud snugly it will work for that vent. I have done this on several of my older SD saws.

If you can find a piece of gas line hose that will slip on over that threaded stud snugly it will work for that vent. I have done this on several of my older SD saws.
Thanks for the advise, I have several sizes of gas line and will find one that fits.

Rob

Back