sood chip furnace for homes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfwoodvt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wood chip furnace for homes

Anyone seen a woodchip boiler sized for a typical home? I'm tired of tossing all my chips to the electric company and then having to pay for oil/gas to heat my home.

Figured it would be a good way to go...set up a hopper with bout '200 pounds capacity and keep it going!

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Has anyone here considered a shell corn boiler? December futures for shell corn are $1.90 /bu last I checked. Lot of heat in a bushel of corn. Easy to get if you have local growers or cattle operations. Perhaps stoves / boilers are made than work on either chips or corn or other pellet fuel?

I know quadra fire pellet stoves are rated to burn corn kernels. I've been thinking about putting an insert where the firplace is in the house. Just trying to decide between pellet or a wood burner. I love playing with firewood, so I'll have to just make a decision. Anyway, check them out, www.quadrafire.com

Same here simmech, If I didnt like getting my firewood I would go corn.

Hi Rfwoodvt,
Take a look at http://www.koeb-schaefer.com. I'm involved with the Fuels for Schools program and bid on one project with the 4.1 MBtu boiler. The smaller Eco and DYN systems are very efficient but a pricey for just a home. They are best suited to a small group of building such as a home and shop, etc. And yes I am working with them these days through their NA distributor. How's winter in the Green Mountain State? I lived in Lyndonville and Montgomery Center years ago...
All the best,

TreeCo said:
Woodfuels,
What are the smaller Eco and DYN BTU outputs?
What do they cost?

I looked at your link but I could not translate.

Dan, Sie sprechen nicht Deutsch?

Click the British flag at the bottom left of the page. The site will then display all subsequent pages in english.

Fred

Back