Speculation on next years market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!! stay small, do what you can with needed family help when due! buy cheap, sell high!! fix and repair what you can to get by for awhile and then reup on newer equipment as needed/able to pay as you go forward!!!! no shame in being small an friendly with your repeat customers with word of mouth representation of a good product!! it's like old school math, 1+1=2+1=3+1=4 and so on.... it's your operation jim! no one else's!

!! stay small, do what you can with needed family help when due! buy cheap, sell high!! fix and repair what you can to get by for awhile and then reup on newer equipment as needed/able to pay as you go forward!!!! no shame in being small an friendly with your repeat customers with word of mouth representation of a good product!! it's like old school math, 1+1=2+1=3+1=4 and so on.... it's your operation jim! no one else's!

Ya, I would say that is it. Don't go into debt, just pay as you go, and only expand to your comfort level. used gear, home made gear, cheap or free trees, hit a plateau and stay there. And somewhere, there is market for every twig, somehow.

Milk this polar vortex out for all it is worth while the pro-pain nonsense is still fresh in people's minds.

Here's an idea..i bet a ton of people are going to be looking to at least supplement with wood heat. so, local stove and furnace dealers, perhaps work out an arrangement with them, free or discounted firewood to all new stove buyers? Buy a new stove, here ya go, a starter cord delivered with the stove, with the contact info to get more.

My version of big firewood is most people's version of small. :)

My friends are mostly city slickers and unaware of what real work entails (they stop doing it as soon as they encounter it), and it's difficult to get them to commit to coming up to the property for work. I have to plan to be a sole-mule in the game, and that means automation of some kind - and right now that means a little bit of debt.

This is a serious question I don't know the answer to. Can you burn like filtered waste oil in an oil furnace? I have seen a modified drip burner that added to a wood burner before, a real redneck job but it worked. Just wondering if waste oil might be an option for folks like your old lady friend there.

They do make waste oil heaters, Most dealerships and garages heat with them. Very dirty, clogs the flues often.

Latest posts

Back