Stihl dealer of Shame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha

just thought a red nova would be cool. yellow ones are so easy to come buy nowadays, dont know why i bothered posting useful info when a BFR thread is all thats needed :D

Red ones, now thats hard work. especially when people give green rep and set me back a week :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

Cheers! :):)

Steve

Aww ok. I'll neg ya the first chance I get,LOL

AOD how about you blow yourself up on You Tube. Well at least pull your head out of your A$$ on You Tube. What a waste of skin.

aww, I have made a friend. I think I should do it, just cuz of how many oversensitive Stihl fans it will piss off. I will also destroy a crappy, poor quality JD lawn tractor to prove how bad they suck.

Oh no, you just upset ANOTHER demographic.

You may have to relocate to a non-extradition country.

Don't get me going on green tractors. Gray saws are one thing, but the entry level JD lawn tractors are pure crap. The higher end ones are decent but still not worth the price that a green paint job gets. I am a fan of red and orange tractors myself.

Don't get me going on green tractors. Gray saws are one thing, but the entry level JD lawn tractors are pure crap. The higher end ones are decent but still not worth the price that a green paint job gets. I am a fan of red and orange tractors myself.

Anything sold at Home Depot isn't worth buying. The JD's from the Dealer are the better machines, but the OLD JD's were phenomenal. Still got an '88 that will be running for a very long time.

half the parts are the same. whats your issue with them?

It's not so much engines but frames and other components. More its the way they are marketed, an entry level JD is not much better than a Craftsman, and about double the price with no more capabilities, and someone wants a JD because their parents once had an old 110 or 214 that ran forever and then are disappointed when their LX178 starts falling apart when they haul a cart full of rocks up hill all summer long. Other manufacturers do this to but JD really exploits it. I have gotten into this discussion many many times on GardenWeb, before I got banned there.

It's not so much engines but frames and other components. More its the way they are marketed, an entry level JD is not much better than a Craftsman, and about double the price with no more capabilities, and someone wants a JD because their parents once had an old 110 or 214 that ran forever and then are disappointed when their LX178 starts falling apart when they haul a cart full of rocks up hill all summer long. Other manufacturers do this to but JD really exploits it. I have gotten into this discussion many many times on #########, before I got banned there.

Stuff just isn't made to last anymore. I bought a Craftsman when I was in high school so I could run my part time mowing business. Lasted 3 years and I ended up with more frame cracks and electrical problems than anything I've ever seen.

Thats the thing, you can get a pretty nice Craftsman garden tractor for the same price as an entry level JD rider and have a much more capable machine, but the best tractors are the ones over 20 years old. I miss my old Cub 1200 that my mom forgot to check the oil in :(

Yip

I second that. The JD's you get from box stores are JUNK. Your better off with a craftsman or anything else.. Heck, buy a husky, least you know where your junk is coming from right??? I've got an older JD 240 rider with a 16hp Kawasaki engine still going strong... IT AIN'T ALL PLASTIC LIKE THOSE!!!

:cheers: eh?

Have you actually owned one or is this yet another "but my friend told me...." line of BS?

Have you actually owned one or is this yet another "but my friend told me...." line of BS?

No but I test drove a few in the not too distant past, and the entry level JD's are pure crap. The mid range and high end ones are good machines, but for that much money I could have a Simplicity or Toro, so it's like why bother.

Back