Stihl dealer of Shame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to admit it, but I would buy a Stihl product before I bought a John Deere product, and aside from their chainsaws, Stihl makes some decent other equipment, I am not too impressed with some of Husky's other equipment and I have a habit of destroying Echo trimmers.

I hate to admit it, but I would buy a Stihl product before I bought a John Deere product, and aside from their chainsaws, Stihl makes some decent other equipment, I am not too impressed with some of Husky's other equipment and I have a habit of destroying Echo trimmers.

OH NO.... He wavers... Quick, someone quote him... Soon he'll realise the saws are pretty good too.:greenchainsaw:

OH NO.... He wavers... Quick, someone quote him... Soon he'll realise the saws are pretty good too.:greenchainsaw:

Well I have a Stihl backpack blower and hedge trimmer at work and both are pretty sweet, the blower is flat out awesome, the trimmer works good but gets heavy after about 1/2 hour. I used a Husky rototiller once and I thought it was the biggest POS, even though its likely just an orange Craftsman.

Theres a few Stihl saws that aernt too bad, but from my experience they seem big, blocky and poor performing, hence why I run Huskys. I've never ran a modded Stihl, maybe they wake up more when theyre modded and not restricted as much.

And the 009 cannot be saved, that saw is flat out terrible.

Well I have a Stihl backpack blower and hedge trimmer at work and both are pretty sweet, the blower is flat out awesome, the trimmer works good but gets heavy after about 1/2 hour. I used a Husky rototiller once and I thought it was the biggest POS, even though its likely just an orange Craftsman.

Theres a few Stihl saws that aernt too bad,
Well he's slowly coming around.:cheers:

No but I test drove a few in the not too distant past, and the entry level JD's are pure crap. The mid range and high end ones are good machines, but for that much money I could have a Simplicity or Toro, so it's like why bother.

Hey there, Angel, maybe there is hope after all. TORO is an awesome machine, a lot like old "Uber Alles......." All them prayers must be workin' fervently in that old heart of darkness. I agree that JD stuff is likely a bit overrated, but the JD dealer could sell me oil filters for my 52" walk-behind Toro for less than half of the TORO dealer. Go figure. See, there is common ground after all.......:rocker: :chainsawguy: :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe Stihls wake up a bit when modded, I've only ever used them stock and they just don't feel right or seem to cut right, they're big, blocky and awkward, and they dont seem to rev up like Husky's do. I just think they're overrated, esp. for the price. Huskys just"feel" better.

geeeeeeeez

the best product stihl do are their chainsaws. and i would rather have an echo trimmer over any other.

Ya, that is how I see it. I hadda mowing business in '93 to '99, and that Echo trimmer has been run over by the trailer, and at 15 years old, stihl cuts like crazy. Amazing, how much use it has seen, with no maintenance except the occasional spark plug and a shot of grease in the trim head gears.

Ya, that is how I see it. I hadda mowing business in '93 to '99, and that Echo trimmer has been run over by the trailer, and at 15 years old, stihl cuts like crazy. Amazing, how much use it has seen, with no maintenance except the occasional spark plug and a shot of grease in the trim head gears.

I agree Jon. I have an Echo SRM 260 and its a sweet trimmer. It doesnt know the meaning of the word bog. Starts easy and runs a long time on a tank of mix. I said hell with the Echo warranty, I run Stihl HP Ultra in it.

Hello, I guess I`m going to give my two cents here, I have old saws, a husky 61 and a stihl 041 that is older then dirt the 61 is 83` and broke the stihl is early 70`s and still running great infact the stihl was used alot in 80s because we cut fire wood and pulp the husky was bought new and only used for firewood, last week I broke out the stihl and blocked up a tree that fell in the back yard, (in other post I called it a 051 but hadn`t had it out in a while)
my opinion stihls are great saws husky will run again cause it will be fixed but no 1 STIHL lol thanks BR

so let me get this straight... you are out here stihl bashing, based on your:

Husky 575xp
Husky 55

like i say, im a husky man... but seriously dude, pick your battles

heck, I'd like to give you positive rep for that, but it would mess up your desire to get a red nova!

Gee, I should make a thread just saying what a worthless POS the 009 is, truly the worst saw ever designed.

The 009 is the reason I hate Stihl.

Gee, I should make a thread just saying what a worthless POS the 009 is, truly the worst saw ever designed.

The 009 is the reason I hate Stihl.

Why bother getting upset over what was once the smallest, cheapest saw in the Stihl line?

My 009 is 13 years old, has been dropped out of more than one tree, had no maintenance until a tuneup this year, and I ran it dull many times out of laziness, all sorts of mistreatment. Heck that thing cuts great! I gave it a new bar, plug, air filter and chain, and it is a pretty snappy little saw. The reed valve makes it pop pop at idle...it's kinda hilarious.

Is it really worth it to get all bent out of shape over a brand name? I don't see any reason to own a Homelite, having had a Super 2 that became useless after a short while. So, I won't buy one. Some people like them, more power to them. You like Husky, I bet there are plenty of opportunities to buy as many as you like....................I hear they cut really fast......for a while....:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back