Stihl dealer of Shame

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you love me.

If everybody on this site was a Stihl fanatic, who would you pick on?

LOL! We all know you don't like Stihl, and could give a fug less. Take a chill on the bashing, your threads suck. If the sob didn't like the price the dealer gave him, he should have walked out. I will send you a PS3 to shut the **** up.:chainsaw:

I won't even take a non-stihl in trade.... I tell them to put it on Craigslist or sell it to a pawn shop. In fact, I did that twice yesterday and it didn't cost me a sale... Some of them just give the saw to me and I give it to someone else... RBW got a very nice homelite from one of those deals..

And if it is a Stihl and not working, I don't give much unless it's a pro models from the 90's onwards. $25-$50 is a very common price on the old stuff... working or not so long as it's not fried.

Back to the orginal post -the dealer was doing the guy a favor at $35...

private sale

I recommend the owner sell a saw privately if they don't like the offer. Sure, they will get more money for it, but will they have to warranty it?
And will they hear about the piece of crap old saw they sold that did not last, even though they told the buyer it was as is, and sold it for a cheap price.

There is a reason a dealer will not offer much for an older saw. It is called a long shot. We are not gamblers, no profit in it.:cheers:

I recommend the owner sell a saw privately if they don't like the offer. Sure, they will get more money for it, but will they have to warranty it?
And will they hear about the piece of crap old saw they sold that did not last, even though they told the buyer it was as is, and sold it for a cheap price.

There is a reason a dealer will not offer much for an older saw. It is called a long shot. We are not gamblers, no profit in it.:cheers:

+1......:cheers: :cheers:

We don't take non Stihl's in on trade, but we get alot of saws left with us. Most saws we give 30-50$ in trade since we're taking a chance on a saw we don't know anything about. Most people who want to trade usually take the money, but those who don't usually still get a new saw. I don't sell any used saws in the shop, I fix/tune them and they all end up on ebay. I don't want the headache of having to stand behind a used saw, since they usually come back to bite you in the ass.

you are slipping, joat

Ain't a free market great!

I love the United States of America.

But, then there's the other side. Yep, side AoD saying stuff like:

My dealer tried to screw the friend of a friend, at least that's what I heard, and poor us because that mean old Stihl dealer has a monopoly and even thought it was a twenty-five year old parts saw I kinda think it really ran great and this friend of a friend I heard about is getting screwed so this mean old Stihl dealer is the poster dealer for the Dealer of Shame award.

AoD, how long you been in the United State of America? We do things differently here.

Welcome, but I recommend you become better aquainted with our way of life,

joat

what no rhythms or rhymes?
been kinda growing on me.

the vibe on this thread can only get worse.
AoD isn't all bad. niether is the stihl sealer he refers to, i'm sure.

we all need another target: where's red?

So my buddy was at our local A-hole Stihl dealer this morning to get a chain, and a guy came in with a nice Jonsered 520SP, wanting to trade it in for a new Stihl. The dealership only gave him $35 for that saw! Seriously, what the heck is up with that! That place freaking sucks! If someone was buying a new saw from me and their trade was decent it should be worth at least $50 or $60, especially if I was trying to close the deal on a $400 saw.

And people wonder why I hate Stihl so much....

Jonserwhat??

Your thread has seemed to make the mice do what you intended...........

And Lakeside53 Said,,, "The dealer was doing Him a Favor @ 35.00"

Agreed.

The dealer might break even.

+ me 2 = AOD,,,,,, Quit your sniveling!!!!!!!

It is common knowledge around here that you love to brand bash,,,, uhhh

Rather,,,,, regularly!!!!!
Do you see us bashing Husky????? Didnt think so,,,,, :looser: :looser: :looser:

Cheer up AOD :cheers: Not all Stihl dealers are bad!!!!!

And besides if you knew anything about the profit margin of saws from a retail standpoint they dont make that much off of a saw sale,,,,, It doesnt matter if they are selling red saws, or orange, or Dreamsicles!!!!!!!! the money is in service and accessories after the sale!!!!

Last edited:
Back