Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Slamms dealer has got me one of them. If I had seen this earlier I would have been tempted to get it. Oh well.

If the bar is the same thickness then .063 would be lighter by maybe an ounce. Then the .063 chain will weigh a tiny bit more than the .050.

I like the .063 better for bars from 28" and up. It seems to not wander as much in the cuts for some reason.

I hope Slamms dealer has got me one of them. If I had seen this earlier I would have been tempted to get it. Oh well.

Ah, hold your horses, LOL. He texted me today and everything else that I ordered came in today ........................ except my 2x .050-28" bars and your 28" bar.

I'll let you know when its in, does postal or UPS matter to you?

Sam

Whatever is easier for you to do. I have no preference in shipping providers. I was hoping to have it by early next week. I'll have a roll of chain to make loops for it.

Whatever is easier for you to do. I have no preference in shipping providers. I was hoping to have it by early next week. I'll have a roll of chain to make loops for it.

As soon as it comes in Karen will get it shipped to you, I'm guessing postal will be cheaper. As cheap as the bars are the shipping doesn't hurt it much.

Sam

Priority mail is faster a lot of the time. The price is great even with the shipping.

It sounds like there on backorder everywhere. I was hoping to have one by next week for me. I know madsens has some 32" but you have to get someone to go in and buy it then ship it to you.

If anyone can get a 28" .050" bar, I'd love to get one. That's PN 3003 000 2238.

Brad, I orderd 2 of that size you can have one if you want, and I'll just get another one. I thought we were going to be in bigger timber, but we aren't. I ordered them at the beginning of this thread and they should be in soon. But I think we have the same distributor, so not sure how that works, cause you could get the 261 before we could, our distributor is in Ohio.

Let me know about the bar. Karen makes pretty regular trips to/past the dealer so when he gets it she can ship it to you.

Sam

Brad, I orderd 2 of that size you can have one if you want, and I'll just get another one. I thought we were going to be in bigger timber, but we aren't. I ordered them at the beginning of this thread and they should be in soon. But I think we have the same distributor, so not sure how that works, cause you could get the 261 before we could, our distributor is in Ohio.

Let me know about the bar. Karen makes pretty regular trips to/past the dealer so when he gets it she can ship it to you.

Sam

If coming from Bryan, I'll just have my dealer put it back on order. Thanks for the offer.

Hi all,
I also have a 28" 3/8 .063 for sale, same as Brad's. I will do $110 plus shipping. Bar was mounted and made 3 cuts but is cleaned and looks brand new. I will put in trading post(although I have never used it) pm me!

On a different note I heard our 28" .50 should be in next week. Box of ten going to Bryan. Sorry for the mix up Brad. I take full responsibility!!

Last edited:
I got my 28" stihl light bar today. It feels just like the stihl es and carlton 28" bar in stiffness. I haven't cut with it yet but will after I vacuum the mud and leaves out of the carpet. :censored: The 660 felt almost like a different saw with that bar on it instead of the 30" cannon. If it's as smooth as the cannon in the cut then they'll be a step above the oregon.

Latest posts

Back