Texas GTG pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'll get this going and let the other guys add their pics if they want. I don't have too many on my camera but a lot were taken. AS members present were Brownpot Deaton, flht01, RiverRat2, TedJ and myself (please correct me if I left any out). Between friends and family probably a little over 20 people showed up. I had a great time and would like to do it again in the future.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got some millin' in:) Had a few problems getting started. Found a 60d nail and heavy guage wire that the metal detector didn't pick up.. the hard way, of course.:bang: More on that later.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hopefully I can make the next one. Looks like you had it set up nicely.

I had a good time also, even though we had to leave early, but I took a bunch of pics and I'll post a few here. The CSM to me was impressive, as well as the water oak that was being sawn. Everyone was freindly, and being a newby at this I was impressed with the saws and the people, sorry I couldn't stay longer.
The only snag was the 60 penny nail and the 4 gauge wire(?) in that large water oak
Ted
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey woodbutcher check your pms

The techno dunce is at it again!!!!

We had a large time,,,, Tha Wood butcher,,,, Got'er Done!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got some more pix but I'm clueless with it comes to all that crap had the P/C locked up again this morning trying to email the pix so I give up.... trying to send to many,,,,, I guess,,,,, My Idea of a P/C goes on a Chain saw and does not have a keyboard or a mouse,,,,,,OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to send a few at a time next time If tha Woodbutcher will ever answer me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River

Last edited:
The techno dunce is at it again!!!!

We had a large time,,,, Tha Wood butcher,,,, Got'er Done!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got some more pix but I'm clueless with it comes to all that crap had the P/C locked up again this morning trying to email the pix so I give up.... trying to send to many,,,,, I guess,,,,, My Idea of a P/C goes on a Chain saw and does not have a keyboard or a mouse,,,,,,OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll try to send a few at a time next time If tha Woodbutcher will ever answer me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River

I answered ya'!

That mill was awesome, and so was the storytelling, food, and cutting.(in my case, especially the cutting...River Rat let use his 66,44,and 361:blob2: ...very impressive... by the way, good luck with the square tooth, little tricky to sharpen by hand, but worth every penny!!!). honestly, that was the best time i have had all year.:heart: :rock: :rock: :rock:

hope we can do it again soon....

see if I got it first time ive ever been able to attach a photo... My daughter had to show me how LOL,,,, how do you do it to show the pic????

Last edited:
River,

After you upload the pictures like you just did, click on the link in the file manager and it should open the picture in a new window. Copy the url in the address bar and paste it into your post surrounded by [ img ] link [ / img ] with out the spaces (I had to put spaces in it to confuse the website).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We had a great time, got to see that big mill in action. Really nice to see the younger crowd interested in saw's and milling. Looking forward to doing it again.
Aggie and his folks really went that extra mile to make everybody feel at home. Can't say Thanks enough.

River,

After you upload the pictures like you just did, click on the link in the file manager and it should open the picture in a new window. Copy the url in the address bar and paste it into your post surrounded by [ img ] link [ / img ] with out the spaces (I had to put spaces in it to confuse the website).

Hey whats the file managers name????? I want to ask him a few questions about confusing the dang website my ownself,,,,,,,:stupid: :monkey:

Hey we enjoyed ourselves very much and really appreciated the hospitality,
we were made welcome and learned a bunch,,,, that milling looks like fun and Dean built you one heck of a saw,,, The BBQ was first class....BTW

send me the young mans name and contact info via PM or Email that has the 041 Farmboss that needs attention,,,, I want to fix it up for him when I get b ack from the PNW trip I will get him his parts @ cost, and donate my labor,,,,I know what its like to be going to school and trying to make ends meet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BT,,,,DT

River,,,,

River,

Hey whats the file managers name????? I want to ask him a few questions about confusing the dang website my ownself,,,,,,,:stupid: :monkey:

Hey we enjoyed ourselves very much and really appreciated the hospitality,
we were made welcome and learned a bunch,,,, that milling looks like fun and Dean built you one heck of a saw,,, The BBQ was first class....BTW

send me the young mans name and contact info via PM or Email that has the 041 Farmboss that needs attention,,,, I want to fix it up for him when I get b ack from the PNW trip I will get him his parts @ cost, and donate my labor,,,,I know what its like to be going to school and trying to make ends meet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BT,,,,DT

River,,,,

You can also go to the list of pictures at the bottom of your posting, before you submit it, and right click on the picture name and choose the "copy image address". Then click the photo icon that looks like a "mountain range" and right click and paste the link into the box.
Hope that helps some also,
Later,
Ted

Latest posts

Back