the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

Just to help a bit more, get the axis of your shoulders pointing at the target, and then look left to sight along the rifle. If your rifle is short you can actually bend your left arm at the elbow and put the left hand on the rifle adjacent to the trigger guard.

I used to shoot small bore rifle at 25m and 50m. My rifle was a Anchutz 1913 Match, with the 20 click sights. Did a 3 position shoot with it once, standing was very difficult.

Breathing is very important too, if you are on target at the end of the exhale then take the shot.

Regards
Graham

In the news today, the Libs in Vic are going to allow you to shoot red deer all year round

been watching whats going in USA after this last big shooting, gun laws are hot topic in USA,
it wont be long now and they will start banning autos and making harder for the yanks to get
guns so easy, I dont think they will ever be as tough as we have here but soon things will change
over there if these nuts keep shooting off,

I talked to Graeme (gumnuts) on the phone a couple of years ago and corresponded with him a while afterwards. Then he disappeared off the screen completely - I for one miss him. He certainly knew his stuff.

Al.

here ya go Dallas
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sorry to change the subject but if i may go back a few weeks, Bunnings also have cheap ones, their OZITTO are makeing dremils with sh#tloads of stones and discs and sanding pads. I use the dremil a lot, but i also get these new OZITTO for the little sanding pads, they are the go. I havn't used the grinders but i guess they would go for a bit, they have 12 months warrenty as well i think. Last one i got was about $54.00 or something.

ive got the ozito one from bunnies. works well but is very loud and the flexible extension didnt last long

ive got the ozito one from bunnies. works well but is very loud and the flexible extension didnt last long

Yea that would be right, its a pitty they don't sell larger amounts of the little sanding pads, i can get them 1 at a time but i need a few for our work.

I don't use the stones, but the little cutters get used but for for squareing.

Sorry to change the subject but if i may go back a few weeks, Bunnings also have cheap ones, their OZITTO are makeing dremils with sh#tloads of stones and discs and sanding pads. I use the dremil a lot, but i also get these new OZITTO for the little sanding pads, they are the go. I havn't used the grinders but i guess they would go for a bit, they have 12 months warrenty as well i think. Last one i got was about $54.00 or something.

yeah I saw a few other brands around at good price's, but I got the Dremil 300 kit with flix shaft with about 30 bits, then I got a cutting kit, another 120 peace kit, and right angal bit too

And a new 5 inch Makita angel grinder just in case!

I used a GMC for a few years until a little plastic gear let go. couldn't replace it. i now have a dremel 300, is going great only I noticed the flexi shaft was making some sounds the other weekend. I have little burrs for the main cutting. For inlet/exhaust ports I use my die grinder with the cutting burrs. For finishing i use spiral bands that fit the 1/4" mandrel. Works well if using the 120grit. Been trying to work out what I can put on the grinding stones to stop them gumming up. I don't use the stones, they gum up way to quick and can't clear them. if anyone has any ideas would be helpful.:msp_confused:

I used a GMC for a few years until a little plastic gear let go. couldn't replace it. i now have a dremel 300, is going great only I noticed the flexi shaft was making some sounds the other weekend. I have little burrs for the main cutting. For inlet/exhaust ports I use my die grinder with the cutting burrs. For finishing i use spiral bands that fit the 1/4" mandrel. Works well if using the 120grit. Been trying to work out what I can put on the grinding stones to stop them gumming up. I don't use the stones, they gum up way to quick and can't clear them. if anyone has any ideas would be helpful.:msp_confused:

Dean run them on a bit of concrete or try the dressing stick off your chain grinder,

Cool grind for the stones dean, stops them wearing so fast as well. Comes in a little stick

i got one under the bench too,in pieces,few years ago my 395pro c-rapped a armature and dremel wanted way to much to repair,so i bought a new 300,drilled one hole and killed it,i took it back to bunnings and they wanted to send it away for warranty,i pushed the point of using it once and got a refund,with that i then bought home the ozito,thinking i'll use it and look for another 395pro,on further inspection i noticed they are very simmilar to the dremel in shape and length.so i tore it down and the armatures are nearly identical just needed to trim the fan a whisker and get rid of the rubber sleeve that the bearings ride in,395pro was back...........i even thought of taking the ozito back hehehe

yes thats exactly what i want, but i don't use ebay.
the coarser the grit the better for the most part, i like the smaller ones more and see more use than the larger ones.

I have quiet a few buggered dremils also, some times the little chuck stuffs up. never thought of mixing parts.

I should add, there are jobs that require more punch and better cutters and i have 2 air die grinders and use variouse burs, also a large quality dril press which can do a lot includeing milling.

Last edited:
Bunnings wanted something like $20 for a small packet of those Dremel cutting wheels but you could buy this large Ozito kit for the same money with hundreds of bits and not only twice the amount of cut off wheels but a quantity of a different size and of the same quality.

Bunnings wanted something like $20 for a small packet of those Dremel cutting wheels but you could buy this large Ozito kit for the same money with hundreds of bits and not only twice the amount of cut off wheels but a quantity of a different size and of the same quality.

i also have a very cheap and nasty GTR (more like an engraver) from bunnings. it has no power but is small and is great for finishing off carbys and other lite work. I tried to use a little ball to engrave my cylinders and number them but it does not have the power to cut properly and will sctatch the alloy but thats about it.

i also have a very cheap and nasty GTR (more like an engraver) from bunnings. it has no power but is small and is great for finishing off carbys and other lite work. I tried to use a little ball to engrave my cylinders and number them but it does not have the power to cut properly and will sctatch the alloy but thats about it.

hi guys, sorry to break in but had my saw stolen out of my shed today and im after the book or manual for my 031 av saw, i rang the insurance company and they wont to see the book i got when i bort my saw. i cant find my receipt
if any one has the manual or a stihl owners manual for that saw can they contact me asap please. i would be glad to return it after the insurance company see it
email me
[email protected] please
regards peter

Back