the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah ,never have enough shed space ,I'm already looking at putting an extension out the back of it ,that sucks about the 660 clutches ,just checked out some listings on slime bay and see the chingas are copying both styles ,might be an ok option ,dunno if the springs would hack the heat though

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I didn't even think of the bay stupid me ,I don't buy much in the way of saw stuff off it...
But yeah even with just a quick search I found what I would call 1st and 2nd gen fat 066/660 clutches for like 30 bucks I only need the weights have plenty of OEM springs hmm thanks for the heads up definitely an option Cheers :cheers:..

frhr.jpg This is what I call 1st gen ^^

$_57.jpg And this I call 2nd gen ^^ both good and do as designed unlike light skinny ass 3rd gen I call that one lost the plot gen lol..My guess is? well maybe Stihl has been watching too many dogs off Cookie Monster cutting youtube videos :yes: dam you Sesame Street! haha ...

6.50 am a hurt wood duck beside the road, i pull over & wander back about 30 foot off pairs partner duck fly's down faking injury to distract me.....right infront of 4x4 doing 80k,, kapfappp... i pick up hurt duck as her partners feathers blows about me,,
ffs just sad :(
poor duck the other one ok

Came round a long right hander Saturday morning, was freezing cold, been raining the night before, just west of Cowwarr's township. Im half way round the corner and there's a divi van parked across the road blocking it at the end of the corner, Im doing 100 so have to pull up pretty quick. 30mtrs in front of me there's a white ute, unrecognizable, had gone off the north side of the road at speed into the redgums. Woman driver. Killed instantly I would imagine. Tragic.

1 month prior, less than 5km's up the road from my place a fella in his 60's with 2 passengers runs off the road into the trees.....he died, one passenger survived, one flown to Melbourne, not sure if he lived.

Driving on rural roads is fraught with danger. Drivers become complacent, are distracted easier from a phone msg or call or whatever, look away for a few seconds because there are no other cars around it should be okay, and they're off the road in no time, panic, lose control and it's all over in an instant.

Be careful out there.

Came round a long right hander Saturday morning, was freezing cold, been raining the night before, just west of Cowwarr's township. Im half way round the corner and there's a divi van parked across the road blocking it at the end of the corner, Im doing 100 so have to pull up pretty quick. 30mtrs in front of me there's a white ute, unrecognizable, had gone off the north side of the road at speed into the redgums. Woman driver. Killed instantly I would imagine. Tragic.

1 month prior, less than 5km's up the road from my place a fella in his 60's with 2 passengers runs off the road into the trees.....he died, one passenger survived, one flown to Melbourne, not sure if he lived.

Driving on rural roads is fraught with danger. Drivers become complacent, are distracted easier from a phone msg or call or whatever, look away for a few seconds because there are no other cars around it should be okay, and they're off the road in no time, panic, lose control and it's all over in an instant.

Be careful out there.

life if fragile not worth dieing over a dam text of phone call.

we had a duck running around in the snow on the weekend with ducklings crazy.

Anyone used the atom chainsaw drill attachment?

http://www.atomindustries.com/drill-attachments/

drill-2.jpg

I'm thinking of making up a spool I can secure against a tree or stump and which fits into this atom drill, to act as a small, fast, lightweight haulback winch. A lewis winch will be too expensive and too slow, and I don't need it to handle much load, maybe 100kgs if that.

drill-2.jpg

I'm thinking of making up a spool I can secure against a tree or stump and which fits into this atom drill, to act as a small, fast, lightweight haulback winch. A lewis winch will be too expensive and too slow, and I don't need it to handle much load, maybe 100kgs if that.

iv never used one but keen to know how it gos iv thort of geting one for around the farm tho.

drill-2.jpg

Those aren't cheap unless you can find a good used one. How about a cheap 12v winch and just delete the motor. Should have plenty of reduction for a chainsaw.

Anyone need any hard nose bars? I have a large stack of 'em turning to rust but have just cleaned up a few to keep as stumping bars but have a heap that will go to the tip/scrap guy otherwise. Sizes are about 18-50". Not sure on all the mount patterns but will check.

cheep enuf might buy some to shoot at
How about you buy one, filler 'er up and lock the throttle wide open and then run a book on how long it will last? We could all put in $10 per bet and that'll cover the cost with anything left over, if any, going to the person who got closest?

How about you buy one, filler 'er up and lock the throttle wide open and then run a book on how long it will last? We could all put in $10 per bet and that'll cover the cost with anything left over, if any, going to the person who got closest?

im sure matt did that with a chinga saw a couple of years back

im sure matt did that with a chinga saw a couple of years back

did he post up a film clip of it

One of those days, 1st the loader blew a seal got that fixed then yeah as you can see truck had a little failure on the way out too light of a load? my guess lol..
Went and got the loader unload it and chained it up, old man drove it back to the mill empty..We are logging a patch of spotted gum we need the timber to finish an order of bridge transoms ,there is one big ass old spotty over the back might get the old man to cut it down with the 090 and get a vid.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Back