Walkerized Saw Maintenance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi John, yes that`s a stock filter. It`s the same one I`ve seen on every 371 or 372 that I`ve owned or seen. They are about $18 at House Trucking, my favorite dealer, or $18.95 from Bailey`s. They clean up pretty easy and they are good for about a million miles or 3,000,000,000 mbf. Your photo answered a question for me about using brake cleaner on the element. I was wondering if the brake cleaner didn`t dissolve the somewhat rubbery texture of the element. Now I see why not. Maybe tommorrow I can post a good closeup of my filter if I can figure out the camera. Later, Russ

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Forgot to mention that these clean up real nice also. A couple of good raps with a scrench and most everything falls off. I blow them down from the inside periodically, but never used a solvent. I`m gonna try it though just to see what happens. Russ

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Russ, the nice thing about the brakeline cleaner is that you could spray it on a Lambourgini's paint job and it wont mar the finish. It also dries with no residue. I am beginning to think that saws issued in the States have some differences than saws sold in Canada. I have the XPG which may explain why I got the different filtre. Are XPG's available in the U.S.A. ? Also known as Sno Pro's.
John

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hi John, XPGs are available here but since it rarely gets colder than about -35 degrees F in my neighborhood, I haven`t considered one. Besides, I`m the kind of guy who can stand in one spot in a snowstorm and have a three foot circle of green grass around me. I`m very well adapted for cold weather operation. You`re probably right about that being the Sno Pro filter. I wonder how they stack up performance wise?

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Homelight 360, before I got hooked on Air Injection, I would clean the filter at every tank. Seemed necessary, not anymore. You ought to try it sometime, it has to be experienced to be believed. BTW, did you get my email about the saw? I could run it down to you if you want it. Russ

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Russ, I like the Sno Pro's and Arctics when I am Up North close to the treeline where it gets about 75 below. This is the temp at which whiskey starts to freeze. When below 45 below we on occasion put some whiskey in with the mix so that moisture doesnt ice up the carb.
I have noticed that all the Stihl Arctics come with 2 filtres, one that is silk and another HD filtre that has a woven material within and a flock removable band on the outside.
Does anyone recognize this airbox?
Powersaw Pontificator

Dennis

Dennis

Arboristsite MVP
Hey all...the flocked filter..which is my personal favorite, as I cut alot of cedar and dry fir...is part number 503-81-80-01...32 bucks cdn....I run the flocked (felt) filter on all my saws except when I am trying to really outcut someone...then I accidentely forget to put a filter on for a few minutes....oops...

motorhead

motorhead

ArboristSite Lurker
guess this box

Hello Russ, that box looks like it belongs to my Husqvarna 372XP. Also, I bought a 372XP ealier this year (in the US), and it was fitted with the flocked filter that you show in your picture.
Steve

jokers

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
That`s right Steve. I didn`t think it would be all to challenging to ID but it made for a decent picture. Gotta respect Gyppo Logger for not jumping all over that one with all the 372s he`s had. I like being able to post pics here and I`m hoping others will also. Kind of nice to see a little of the subject matter once in a while.
Hi John, I was all set to buy a Sony digital camera but my brother in law convinced me I should take a look at the Olympus C3000. Well I did and the rest is history. I`ve been very happy with it other than the fact that the price has dropped $100($20,000 Canadian) since I bought it in July. I also bought a Sony Mini DV camera in July, the TRV-30, which will take 1.5 megapixel stills. I love that camera. It seems to be alot higher resolution than the TRV-20 that I bought for my darling wife last Christmas, which we considered ass kicking when I bought it. At any rate, they both work flawlessly, except when darling wife videotaped the Harborfest fireworks using the super nightshot mode. Can you believe all those fireworks were in black and white! Dumb camera! He He He. Russ

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Tundra, that was an Oleo Mac 980. I will take a picture of the 3120 airbox when it gets light out. We only have three hrs. of daylight here in Dec., but by the 21st the days light increases by 10 min. per day.

Latest posts