What are your firewood saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil when I don't use it for a longer time
Maybe you should just sell it to me lol.
I'm only kidding :).

How long are you talking about and does it drain the whole oil reservoir.

You may want to run thicker oil.

Loosen the reservoir cap to relieve any pressure that has built up from heat.

Make sure you clean under the clutch cover after using it or when you know you will be storing it for an extended time.
I try not to rev my saws to much when I'm done cutting as it just gets more oil on the bar and chain that will run off. I will spray them off with brake parts cleaner to get as much of the oil off the bar before putting them away. Care must be taken to keep the brake parts cleaner off the saw thoughand only on the B&C as it could fade or strip the paint.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks I clean them every time after work last year a new oil pump fitted[/QUOTE]
Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil when I don't use it for a longer time

Make sure you clean under the clutch cover after using it or when you know you will be storing it for an extended time.
I try not to rev my saws to much when I'm done cutting as it just gets more oil on the bar and chain that will run off. I will spray them off with brake parts cleaner to get as much of the oil off the bar before putting them away. Care must be taken to keep the brake parts cleaner off the saw thoughand only on the B&C as it could fade or strip the paint.
Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks I clean them every time after work last year a new oil pump fitted[/QUOTE]
Its 6 am here changing shifts In a paper mill in Holland

[QUin TE="chipper1, post: 5973487, member: 126071"]That's cool, I'm only 45 minutes from holland, but it's 12:04am here LOL.[/QUOTE]
Im now 2 km from Holland but did you ever worked with a ps 50

That's funny, probably half, bet it's hard to keep track.
Do you have racks for the ones that run and racks for the ones that don't.
Yeah building shelves and racks all the time,
A lot of my saws have names after the chaps I bought them off.
I do have records on the PC just in case the grey matter starts failing.
a2715b73e8fef561697d498007f42dd9.jpg
959a03bb641d2e91a7f65b5c108baa43.jpg
f77de1ab9174cbaa2cf529bf27ae1684.jpg
e51143fe1dfd5ff89e4c4a577e37269d.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

[QUO"chipper1, post: 5973508, member: 126071"][/QUOTE]
Never heard of it.
I would like something like that attached to my wood splitter though.[/QUOTE]
Wont work poole saw goes 7 meters chain is lubrigatet bei hydro oil

That's great.
How did you get into saws.
I grew up on a farm and Dad had a sawmill so we always had a use for a chainsaw,
I got myself a Husky 395 xp and a Stihl 088 and went chainsaw milling for a few years and filled up my shed with specialty timbers ,started carving bowls and making tables.
Dust started taking its toll on me so I sold all my timber and machines and now I'm filling the shed up with saws.
When the wife is not looking I shove a few saws in the garden shed lol.

I grew up on a farm and Dad had a sawmill so we always had a use for a chainsaw,
I got myself a Husky 395 xp and a Stihl 088 and went chainsaw milling for a few years and filled up my shed with specialty timbers ,started carving bowls and making tables.
Dust started taking its toll on me so I sold all my timber and machines and now I'm filling the shed up with saws.
When the wife is not looking I shove a few saws in the garden shed lol.

Great story. I love to hear how people get where they are today, some very rich history in all of us.

Only problem I have with the 353 is its leaking chain oil when I don't use it for a longer time[/QUOTE]

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Most of my huskies and Jreds leak bar oil they are just marking their spot!!
So I store them on carboard, once the cardboard get saturated I get new stuff.
With the old cardboard I cut into strips as it makes the best fire starter.
BBB

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Most of my huskies and Jreds leak bar oil they are just marking their spot!!
So I store them on carboard, once the cardboard get saturated I get new stuff.
With the old cardboard I cut into strips as it makes the best fire starter.
BBB[/QUOTE]
That's funny BBB.
I don't really have that problem with mine, is that a Canadian problem :laugh:.

I have around ten saws all of which have cut firewood at some point. My 026 and my Echo CS8000 are what I would call my firewood saws and I could easily get by with just those two for firewood.

I cut probably 80% with an 026 equipped w/ 18" guide bar and 0.325"
For bigger I've got 039 but would much rather use the little ones, my Echo CS-305 and 018, they chew like a couple of rabid beavers

Latest posts

Back