What should Stihl do

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear the horror stories about dealers (not just Stihl) on this forum, and it is just terrible. I feel pretty lucky to have the 2 dealers I frequent for my saw stuff.

Gary

Yeah I agree Gary. My experence is limited to 4 Stihl dealers with surprisingly similar mentalities of their staff/owners.
The local Husky guy owes a lot of his success to these guys.
Don't get me wrong - I've liked all the Stihl saws I've used, I just can't justify the price here (compared to Husky/Dolmar), their spare parts, or the cost of compulsory servicing (unless you want to void your warranty).
The 4 dealers in question cover all the Stihl dealers for a 160 mile radius.
We also have a peanut of a Husky dealer too so everyone just deals with the other Husky dealer.

I agree, the main reason I went DIY was because of a few bad Stihl experiences. I was lucky enough to find a Johnny/Husky/Stihl dealer recently that I like. He can't get Dolmar parts but he doesn't knock them either and his information is priceless. If I could afford a new saw I would buy one from him.

I agree, the main reason I went DIY was because of a few bad Stihl experiences. I was lucky enough to find a Johnny/Husky/Stihl dealer recently that I like. He can't get Dolmar parts but he doesn't knock them either and his information is priceless. If I could afford a new saw I would buy one from him.

My 5 month old Dolmar 7900 is currently in getting fixed by the Husky guy with a major vacuum leak somewhere (I imported it from the US - paid substantially less than Australian $ but means I lucked out on warranty issues to some extent).
I still absolutely love the saw despite this!
Some people would use this as extra ammo to shoot down Dolmars, to me its just bad luck.

Pre-qualify dealers more, Here the local hardware, paint, appliance, household goods etc. etc. store is the local dealer. The store seems to think if they can put a sign out front and a few saws on the shelf that they are golden. What a joke!:dizzy:

My 5 month old Dolmar 7900 is currently in getting fixed by the Husky guy with a major vacuum leak somewhere (I imported it from the US - paid substantially less than Australian $ but means I lucked out on warranty issues to some extent).
I still absolutely love the saw despite this!
Some people would use this as extra ammo to shoot down Dolmars, to me its just bad luck.

I had to put a seal in my Makita. It had a slight leak, also make sure you use retaining compound on the bearing mating surfaces as a precautionary fix[(vac leaks and spun bearings) IMO-should be done to all saws].

If you don't have any constructive ideas, you could always refrain from posting. :)

Ha, if thats the case I guess since you have none either you could always refrain as well. Now whatcha gots to say now??

Furthermore your asking the wrong company to improve. You should be asking those that have yet to ever reach No.1 in the world in saw sales how they can improve. Your logic is azz backwards but what else is new,hehehehe

in what, no where to be found dealers?
Really! The only Dolmar I ever see is in here.
garfieldhangover.jpg

HEY WOODIE I AM NOT STIHL BASHING!!!!!!!!! Just pointing out the truth

Do away with that odd size 12 mm bar mount and join the rest of the saw world with 8 and 9 mm mounts.
Stop using .063" chain on saws too small for it?
And find some good dealers that stock parts........ I rebuilt a HK carb on a 038 saturday afternoon and told the customer to pick up a NEW Stihl fuel filter for their odd set up they use. He said the saw cut great all weekend but this morning flooded due to dirt passing the fuel filter so he stopped in to the LOCAL stihl dealer and he did not have the fuel filter in stock and said he Might have one in a few weeks????????????

Scott

Ha, if thats the case I guess since you have none either you could always refrain as well. Now whatcha gots to say now??

Furthermore your asking the wrong company to improve. You should be asking those that have yet to ever reach No.1 in the world in saw sales how they can improve. Your logic is azz backwards but what else is new,hehehehe

Simply refer to the following:
Put a diaper on them-factory issue so when they see a Dolmar you don't have a mess on your hands.
And besides we all know-If you want to look good in front of the boys, get a Stihl. If you want production get a Husky.:clap:

Also the fact that Stihl is No.1 in sales means nothing other than they've duped a lot of customers over the years. It doesn't necessarily mean they have the best product.:)

Improve the air filtering system, the huskys make the stihl system look demented.

Improve the cap system, shouldnt require a brush or careful use of a twig to stop crap dropping in the oil when you remove the cap.

When you make saws 80cc's up, they can be tough on the hands trying to start them. the way the T type starters are set up, they are great for straining your hands when trying to get the 88 started with oily, sweaty hands. How about offering a hotsaw type D handle for better grip and less strain????

how about a holder for a scrench? one thats going to stick around not like the add on ones you can currently buy.

How about a scrench with a tuning driver and star head as well as the flat head they usually have.

stop screwing people outside the US for saw parts and saw purchase just because you can.

:agree2: :chainsaw:

Also the fact that Stihl is No.1 in sales means nothing other than they've duped a lot of customers over the years. It doesn't necessarily mean they have the best product.:)

Yup they duped alot of folks 35 years in a row. Whats the old saying, the majority has spoken and in this case they have spoken the samething for 35 years in a row. Apparently it isn't Stihl that needs to improve huh,hehe

Do away with that odd size 12 mm bar mount and join the rest of the saw world with 8 and 9 mm mounts.
Stop using .063" chain on saws too small for it?
And find some good dealers that stock parts........ I rebuilt a HK carb on a 038 saturday afternoon and told the customer to pick up a NEW Stihl fuel filter for their odd set up they use. He said the saw cut great all weekend but this morning flooded due to dirt passing the fuel filter so he stopped in to the LOCAL stihl dealer and he did not have the fuel filter in stock and said he Might have one in a few weeks????????????

Scott

Why should they do away with the bar mount when they are the only saw company in the world that makes its own bars and chains? Unlike Dolmar and the rest Stihl doesn't need those Oregon bars, they make their own, smart move on their part wouldn't you say?

Filter story is a good one.

Yup they duped alot of folks 35 years in a row. Whats the old saying, the majority has spoken and in this case they have spoken the samething for 35 years in a row. Apparently it isn't Stihl that needs to improve huh,hehe

Yeah apparently the majority also likes rap music, king obamy, and anything else that the boob tube tells them they should like. Conformists-sheeple if you like.:check::hmm3grin2orange:

Come now Tom. I thought surely you'd have some ideas for improvement. If Stihl didn't need to improve, they would never have need to bring out new models. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back