Whats the price of firewood.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
in other parts of the world? Here on the Big Island of Hawaii we can sell it for $180.00 a face cord (before anyone asks, I know the difference between a face cord and a cord). I'm just curious what it goes for elsewhere. Thanks.

Here in Holland you can sell 3.5 cubic meters for around 240 euros (oak).
I believe that 1 euro is around 1.40 dollar.
I dont know how much a cord is. So can not compare.

Softer wood can be sold for 20 euro less.

in new jersey

a cord of seasoned hardwood is $180.00
there are 128 cuft in a cord so...

a cord is 3.6 cubic meteres

in europe you guys are getting a cord of oak for 120.00 usd. wow.

I guess that makes up for the outragous prices you pay for saws.

Kevin

In Northern Michigan,where I live, a face cord of split,seasoned maple and oak goes for $60.00- $65.00 delivered.Last year I got 10 face cord for $300.00, I had to load it and bring it home myself, great deal!

The only ad I saw in the paper with a price says $110/cord, $70/half cord for seasoned hardwood. Norfolk, Va area.

I paid 650.00 for ten pulp cord of oak, a pulp cord is 4x4x8. Witch my 372XPW is making short work of. Very happy with that, I cut and burn 24in with no splitting...

For Hardwood it goes from around 100-125/face cord around here. Usually a small price for delivery as well.

This is my first post here, just joined up yesterday! I'm from Ontario Canada, and the going rate around where I live is anywhere from $225-300 for a seasoned cord delivered. I sell it for $200 picked up or $225-250 delivered. :greenchainsaw:

This is my first post here, just joined up yesterday! I'm from Ontario Canada, and the going rate around where I live is anywhere from $225-300 for a seasoned cord delivered. I sell it for $200 picked up or $225-250 delivered. :greenchainsaw:

Where abouts in Ontario are you from?

Moss and Deevo, Hey guys great to see some Ontario folks here.

I am from down around st catharines (near niagara falls)

welcome to the site

I don't deal in firewood,,,, Yet!!!!!

and I know a true Cord is 4x4x8 and have seen or been told that 4x2x16 is another formula,,,,,

so tell me what the heck is a Rick???? My name is Rick!!! & what is a face cord?????

Inquiring minds need to know????? :monkey: oh yeah what is a pulp cord???? smaller stuff that isnt split????????

Last edited:
Moss and Deevo, Hey guys great to see some Ontario folks here.

I am from down around st catharines (near niagara falls)

welcome to the site
Thanks, glad to be here! Did some work down your way last year near Port Colborne for a couple of days. Nice area Lake Erie was a bit cold still at the end of May but we braved it and jumped in!:chainsaw:

and I know a true Cord is 4x4x8 and have seen or been told that 4x2x16 is another formula,,,,,

so tell me what the heck is a Rick???? My name is Rick!!! & what is a face cord?????

Inquiring minds need to know????? :monkey:

A rick or Face cord is typically about 1/3 of a cord. When you pile a full cord its usually 3 rows (3x16"= 4ft) of 4x8. So a face cord is only one row, the face row of the cord if you will. A rick is just another term for it.

Back