Whats the price of firewood.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and I know a true Cord is 4x4x8 and have seen or been told that 4x2x16 is another formula,,,,,

so tell me what the heck is a Rick???? My name is Rick!!! & what is a face cord?????

Inquiring minds need to know????? :monkey: oh yeah what is a pulp cord???? smaller stuff that isnt split????????

Just another name some people use for it, I've seen/heard it called that too.
I use this site as a good measuring tool to show people how much a cord is so they fully know how much they are getting. Some who have no idea are now well informed and know how much too expect the next time they buy it! More less to keep the customers happy!

http://www.woodheat.org/firewood/cord.htm

In Minnesota

Here in MN I have seen dry split oak going for $125-$150 a full cord. When it gets colder, it will go up to $175-$200 for a cord.

I cut wood, but I don't burn it. I give it to my elderly neighbors. I burn corn to heat my home.

Lazer

Last edited:
A rick or Face cord is typically about 1/3 of a cord. When you pile a full cord its usually 3 rows (3x16"= 4ft) of 4x8. So a face cord is only one row, the face row of the cord if you will. A rick is just another term for it.

so 4x8 is a rick or a face cord,,,, or about a short pickup bed piled full ????

Is a pulp cord ,,,,,,, nah never mind:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

You firewood guys cant agree on nuthin!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!

my prices

right now my current ad on craigslist and in the local newspaper. Pretty much everyone is getting rounds from me. Sold about 14 cord of rounds and 4 or split delivered so far.
All of the following has been sitting in the hot foothills sun since January Feb. 85% of the wood is 16-18 long. Rounds are between 6" and 36" and I will help you load with my loader. dry oak rounds $160 cord - only have about 6-8 cord left of rounds
dry split oak $240 cord you pick up
dry split oak delivered $300
dry oak fireplace bundles $10

I am pretty much in line with other people around here also

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=oak+cord&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

This guy is getting basically $400 :dizzy: a cord for oak - he is right next to the rich neighbor hood so he sells a lot of wood in trunkfuls

http://natpestco.com/firewood/

A rick or Face cord is typically about 1/3 of a cord. When you pile a full cord its usually 3 rows (3x16"= 4ft) of 4x8. So a face cord is only one row, the face row of the cord if you will. A rick is just another term for it.

couldn't of said it better

Craig

I'm having 6 face cords (2 full cords) of mixed hardwoods delivered for $60 a face cord, $360 total. It's seasoned and ready to burn. I usually cut and split my own firewood, but the last year or so I've been really busy and haven't had the time. I did get to cut and split about 2 1/2 face cords of maple this summer. It won't be ready to burn until next season though.

Here a rick is half cord 4+2+8 the topic
mentioned the price but not the cost,
broken down at age fifty no retirement,
not even worth messing with if I did not
burn it, and get paid to haul it off.
The going price here has been 150 in the
papers delivered and stacked not worth
the time and fuel to haul and when you
get there they want you to carry around
back over two hills, and neatly stack it on
there patio just my thoughts.:laugh:

I sell 1/4 cubic meter bags 22.00 gbp which is roughly $44.00 for hardwood & 20.00 gbp for softwood which from the earlier post would be $633 a cord Yes?
my customers love them as they go right in the shed/garage or alongside the house on a sack barrow the bags are breathable so the logs can sit in them & all the mess is left in the bag. the bags shown were UK made cost $10 each so obviously we now buy in India for $4.00 with printed sides.

wood chip in these
attachment.php

I cook with wood, I use about a cord a week(128 cubic feet)I pay .50 per cubic foot loose .7814 per cubic foot neatly stacked-thats $100.00 per neatly stacked cord-its gone up .15 per foot over the last 12 years-it must be spilt fine(3inx3in)2 ft to 3ft long

Exactly what I said earlier!!!!!!

Here a rick is half cord 4+2+8 the topic
mentioned the price but not the cost,
broken down at age fifty no retirement,
not even worth messing with if I did not
burn it, and get paid to haul it off.
The going price here has been 150 in the
papers delivered and stacked not worth
the time and fuel to haul and when you
get there they want you to carry around
back over two hills, and neatly stack it on
there patio just my thoughts.:laugh:

You talk to four different firewood guys and your gonna get three answers that aint like the first two:confused: :confused: :confused: FCOL!!!!!

Give me one of them full faced ricked pulp bagged cords!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheesh I'm fried!!!!!!

LOL :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

Last edited:
:) Another point to ponder. Is a Canadian cord the same as a cord in the U.S?

:monkey:

J/K The only difference would be 4' x 4' x 8' equivalent

or

4' x 4' x 8' equivalent with Eh? at the end.

:) Another point to ponder. Is a Canadian cord the same as a cord in the U.S?

:monkey:

J/K The only difference would be 4' x 4' x 8' equivalent

or

4' x 4' x 8' equivalent with Eh? at the end.

It use to be, but its pretty much on Par now ehh :clap:

Sold a truck load the other day, truck has a 8' wide by 9' long flatbed with 30" standards. I cut them 18" and I had 5 rows, 8' wide by 30" high. I sold it for a 100 bucks, think I am giving to good a deal here in SC!

Sold a truck load the other day, truck has a 8' wide by 9' long flatbed with 30" standards. I cut them 18" and I had 5 rows, 8' wide by 30" high. I sold it for a 100 bucks, think I am giving to good a deal here in SC!

For around here, that would be a very good deal. If it is what your market will bear, and you want/need to cut wood, I guess that's just the way it goes.

Your volume looks to be a tad over 1.17 cord.

We don't have the hardwoods here, so the main firewood species in order are Western Larch, Doug Fir, and Lodgepole Pine. Only measure for wood I've ever heard of is a 4x4x8' cord which usually fills a 3/4ton truck if it's stacked properly. Fortunately, I've never had to buy wood, but I've seen it advertised lately for $90.00/cord.

Back