Whats the price of firewood.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are fireplaces in Hawaii? It gets cold enough for firewood? Or is it the beach bon fire?

I lived 13 months on Oahu and I remember constant mid 70's early 80's.

$300.00 cord delivered and stacked for oak here in east central Illinois.

mark

Believe it or not it gets quite chilly here in Waimea on the Big Island. We're at 2500 ft. elevation and when we have snow on the mountains it can dip down in the 40's! (for out here, that's chilly) I grew up in Michigan so I used to think people were crazy to talk about cold. After 25 years I can't handle those sub-zero days anymore.

a cord of seasoned split hardwood range from 100 - 575 CDN $$$ here in BC....I know a guy that sells in the tony area of West Vancouver, makes a KILLING on hardwood cords....

8 cord of 8 ft length hardwood mostly maple,yellow birch and the odd stick of white birch received it today $600.00cdn which = $604.00us dollars:laugh:
N.S. Canada

I paid 650.00 for ten pulp cord of oak, a pulp cord is 4x4x8. Witch my 372XPW is making short work of. Very happy with that, I cut and burn 24in with no splitting...

What's a pulp cord??????? :monkey: :dizzy:

Guess I can give you a awnser.
Pulp is the tops of trees and the cull logs.
loggers call it pulp cords when they are selling it.

Our inferior systems built an empire that america can only dream about
& a military service that doesnt kill more friends than foes.
you run of about 128 cu ft but hardly any of you can agree on just how much that is. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Yes, but you Scottish people are always lying to your Star Fleet captains about time requirements to complete important tasks so that you make yourself look good when the job is done sooner. I watch TV you know.:)

Yes, but you Scottish people are always lying to your Star Fleet captains about time requirements to complete important tasks so that you make yourself look good when the job is done sooner. I watch TV you know.:)

You would want a scotsman over anyone else to work on engines like that :monkey:

Here in iowa i just seen the first ad in the paper selling firewood 65 $ pickup load tossed in and you haul (mixed hardwood). I am getting a fair amount of hickory stockpiled and was thinking of selling middle of winter for 200 a full cord do you guys think that would be a fair price for this region thanks

I sell 30 to 50 cords per year, All seasond split oak. I get $160 a cord from strangers, $120 to $140 a cord from old timers(depending on how far I have to Hull it). I give it to family, hot women, and anyone who comes out to help me cut and split with beer or whiskey in their truck for when the job is done.

Watch your step (s)

I sell 30 to 50 cords per year, All seasond split oak. I get $160 a cord from strangers, $120 to $140 a cord from old timers(depending on how far I have to Hull it). I give it to family, hot women, and anyone who comes out to help me cut and split with beer or whiskey in their truck for when the job is done.

Gee, maybe we should call AA and ask them to save a chair for you.

Prices for firewood WAY up in the PNW this year

Firewood prices here are WAY WAY up this year. Over the last few years it was about $100 a 'real' cord (in Oregon a cord is 4'x4'x8') for good hardwood (oak, madrone, maple). Now? $150 and up, and $200 is not an uncommon asking price. Over $300 in many western cities now. My friends outside of Portland that were idled from logging (PNW mills are slamming on the brakes now that demand has tanked) are now only cutting trees for firewood. Some of the mills here are splitting log ends and selling large lots of firewood to ease the milling slowdown.

$75/face cord is what I'm asking. I'm near the lake so I'll get it without blinking. In Northern VT they are getting up to $150 face cord for it from what I've heard... :rock:

Count Euro

a cord of seasoned hardwood is $180.00
there are 128 cuft in a cord so...

a cord is 3.6 cubic meteres

in europe you guys are getting a cord of oak for 120.00 usd. wow.

I guess that makes up for the outragous prices you pay for saws.

Kevin

Where did you learn to count? Comes to $336 not $120:bang: :buttkick:

Most are getting crappy hemlock... they'd love your stuff, but you might need to market it.. they have NO idea what you have..

Really? We have LOTS of oak here... of course, I do not have any way of hauling it up there. Hemlock is not that bad for heat, compared to cottonwood, or grand fir.

Latest posts

Back