Which saw, 338xpt or 192t?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong but I thought I saw a tag for $450?

$450 is more attractive. Port work say $275 plus USPS shipping to me of around $80, equals I'm still in front compared to the Aussie retail! Fuel tank is probably way to small to contemplate anything more than a muffler mod in all reality. Ported would give you only enough fuel for a sluggish several pull cold morning start and a few real good piss revs and it would be empty! :ices_rofl:

surprisingly it was $449 when I just called. The dealers around me are usually always pricy.

Correct me if I am wrong but I swear the bar and chain looked like it was off of a pole saw. It was not the same as on the 192 or 201 I saw there. It was really skinny.

surprisingly it was $449 when I just called. The dealers around me are usually always pricy.

Correct me if I am wrong but I swear the bar and chain looked like it was off of a pole saw. It was not the same as on the 192 or 201 I saw there. It was really skinny.
Yup it uses 1/4" chain.

I want to see these pictures I have yet to advance the timming on mine didn't know much about it til the last couple of months.
Sorry for the delay but got the pics.
First is the muffler. Open up the round hole to the rectangle shape.

If you want u can grind out the baffle on the inlet of the muffler but not convinced it really needed.
Next is the flywheel. I grind off approx 20 thou off the keyway. I do 2/3 from one side and 1/3 from the other. That way I know how much I am taking off visually.

The deflector gets opened up.

Now on to the limiters
Take the cover off.

Stock look.

And trim the bridge off equal to the rest of it.

I hope that all make sense and is clear. If not ask away [emoji4][emoji106]

before and after video? or how much did you pick up? would just a muffler mod work?

150t is 1/4" .043, snellerised delivered to aus is around $770 - $800au

Worth it!
They're alright stock but fantastic with light mods, dunno if porting is worth it...

150t is 1/4" .043, snellerised delivered to aus is around $770 - $800au

Worth it!
They're alright stock but fantastic with light mods, dunno if porting is worth it...

my mistake i thought it was a 192 t you did this to.... got back in from a long weekend....thank you

Had a 192t lightly modded, sold it now that I have a 150t, I'll get another 192t soon though, they're very handy

Sorry for the delay but got the pics.
First is the muffler. Open up the round hole to the rectangle shape.

If you want u can grind out the baffle on the inlet of the muffler but not convinced it really needed.
Next is the flywheel. I grind off approx 20 thou off the keyway. I do 2/3 from one side and 1/3 from the other. That way I know how much I am taking off visually.

The deflector gets opened up.

Now on to the limiters
Take the cover off.

Stock look.

And trim the bridge off equal to the rest of it.

I hope that all make sense and is clear. If not ask away [emoji4][emoji106]
I'm a bit confused do you do all the timing advance with the key way or do you take some off the FW. It looks like in the pic with the bur bit that you are removing some from the fly wheel just need a little clarification there and I am good to go.

Open mouth insert foot just happened. Last double check before I return from vacation and get violent. The flywheel rotates CCW?

and make sure you grind the correct side of the keyway so that it will further rotate CCW. looking for around 3/16 to 1/4" rotation.
i dont have a stock video as let but will make one in the coming weeks. only got the modded clip which i posted earlier.
muffler mod only is good, returns much better torque. timing increases throttle response thru the roof and another 10-15% grunt.

so ken jax how is it with just the muffler mod.....i stopped and picked up this saw and wow it feels good in the hands.....i like a 14 inch bar though.....

so ken jax how is it with just the muffler mod.....i stopped and picked up this saw and wow it feels good in the hands.....i like a 14 inch bar though.....
I have a 14" bar on mine. Its much better with a muffler mod, it revs quicker, hold rpms in the cut better, doesn't bog as easily, you can push a little harder without stopping the chain. Im sure with advanced timing its much better but for a back up saw i'm ok with it with just the muffler done. If used within its limits its a great little saw for cutting small stuff.

Here is the latest one I have tweaked. Hey treesmith, do these logs look familiar ? Lol

Is it this one? Looks dead enough :)
ff6c30b478a4ac44215a404b3da49b19.jpg

Latest posts

Back