Who still has their 1st saw?...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've still got mine an use it once in a while, a Stihl 028 I bought around 1978, still have the 032 I bought a year later.
I have my dad's old homelite super ez, it was a big decision for him to switch to stihl as he had grown up on a 925 and a super xl 12, the muffler being against the ground caused excess heat when cleaning out fence rows, he bought a 028 and loved it wished he would have done it sooner, just before he passed traded it for a 24 super for its lighter weight, my cousin bought it at the farm sale, wished I would have bought it now.

Husky 44 Rancher, it's still my favorite saw. It's light, fast cutting and super reliable. Have picked up and sold several 44's but would never sell my original.

Still have the first one I ever ran. Its a non runner but i guess its time to start a refurb project. Ran it when I was 12 Dads saw gave it o me a few years ago. McCulloch super 33. I need to talk to the mac guys and figure out where to start. I know it has carb problem.

attachment.php

The first saw I ever owned is the Homelite Timberman that I still have. It hasn't been fired or even had gas in it for... oh about 3 years now I'd guess. Not the greatest saw in the world, but it cut quite a bit of wood for me and kept the house warm when we were in college.

First saw I owned was a mac610, still got it, cut a pickupload of ash with it just before xmas. I've still got my dad's first saw, an old electric craftsman, just cut some kindling with it a few months ago. I'm now searching for the first big gas saw I ever ran. An old bachaelor lived nearby, he was chasing this widow aunt of mine, we would go cut firewood together, all 3 of us, I was about 12 yrs old, and got to run this gigantic old mac. I sure wish I new what model it was. He passed away about 3 yrs ago. I know several of his nephews and they think that saw is still around somewhere. I'd love to run it just one more time.

Homelite 240 serving since '86. Has about 300 face cord under it's belt now. Why cut that much with such a small saw? Didn't know any better. Only recently moved up to a 50cc class saw. The Homelite still rides the top of each load.

By the way, the old timers talked crap about this 'plastic' saw every chance they got. Now, they are gone but the saw's still here.

Still have my Husky 350 that Dad got for me, for my 16th birthday. It will be 4 years old pretty soon. It was my only saw for 3 years. Then I found this site, and the rest is history. Still like to pick up the 350 and sling some chips.

Yep I still have mine, a Poulan pro 260 i bought back in '98 when I was 10 (I'm only 21 now). I think I've replaced about every part on it but it still runs and is the only saw of mine that I will ever let anyone else use, at least the parts are cheap.

Man, Wish i had some of the old saws i had. My first one was a skil(I think) Don't even know the model number, Shoot back then it didn't matter to me what it was as long as it done the job.

Well it didn't do the job, the saw went south not too long after i bought it. It was a used saw but i don't think it could handle as much wood that it was expected to cut.

Second saw was a big ole mac, Don't know model number on it either. Just know it was big and heavy and would cut anything. It was all metal and i doubt it had any vibes on it, But you couldn't slow it down much. It was a great ole saw, But again it was a work saw and i never even thought about taking pics, I probably did know what model it was back then just can't remember stuff from 40 years ago.

My first new saw was a Homelite Super 2. Bought for cutting firewood, still have it, still runs good. I used it the other day to cut a few limbs. It did great. I wish I knew the year I bought it, though. I think maybe in the early 80's?

Yes. and no.

My first saw was a given to me by my dad. Started using it when I was about 12. It is the L77 pictured below.

The first saw that I bought with my own money was a MS660 that was stolen in '08 along with the 371XP pictured and an MS200T.

attachment.php

EDIT: by the way, it has a cracked fuel line, so it's not functional right now. but since i got a few days 'tilll the doctor releases me to go back to work, I might have to dig into it.

Latest posts

Back