wich saw to buy??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh and and I miss something to say...Its my first saw(I've worked with some other saw but it will be the first mine)so I don't want to buy one and 1 month later want to change it because its not enough...

Almost everyone made the mistake of not getting something big enough the first time they bought one. I did for sure haha but I'd agree with the statement you shouldn't need anything bigger than 60 cc

thats what I check in my area...I've spotted a ms250 for 250$ negotiable..is it ok??

It's okay, but you could do better. Is this on Craigslist, or Kijiji? Which dealers are close to you? You could check to see if they have any saws they've taken in on trade.

oh and and I miss something to say...Its my first saw(I've worked with some other saw but it will be the first mine)so I don't want to buy one and 1 month later want to change it because its not enough...

Let me be the first to inform you that no matter what you get, you will soon be looking to buy more saws.........LOL!!! That's just how it happens. I own around 10 saws right now, and I only need 2, but I still look at my local Craigslist everyday for more that I want.

Around here we call it "CAD" (chainsaw addiction disorder).

haha this is in all!!I play paintball and and always want more!!!

Oh good. Then you are prepared for this.......LOL!!!

It might be worth it to check at your local dealers. If they have used saws for sale, they will be able to tune it properly for you, and may even give you some kind of warranty. Besides you will have somewhere reliable to get parts, and other saw accessories.

Almost everyone made the mistake of not getting something big enough the first time they bought one. I did for sure haha but I'd agree with the statement you shouldn't need anything bigger than 60 cc

Muff mod or port a 346xp and you can eliminate a 60cc saw.

I did not see Husqvarna 353 mentioned- very good dependable saws and there should be plenty on the used market.

2152- pretty sure that is same as Husky 353?

Bill

i have a jonsered 2152 at 200$ and a shindawa 488 at 250$...otherwise a ms 260 at 375$+tx

Take your pick with any of the above. Of course if it were me I'd be driving a hard bargain. I'd be lookin at $100 off that Shinny and the Stihl, and may be a little more on that Stihl. Condition would be what would make up my mind.

Back