Wife says I can get a new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 361 vote here. I was in the same boat and was waffling between the MS260 and the 361. The 260 was almost 2 lbs lighter, but I was giving up HP. Went with the 361 and I am pleased with the choice.

What you need to do is go to dealerships and put a few saws in your price range in your hands, and see what you like as far as balance and ergonomics. If the dealer(s) will let you test cut with some in a log out back, so much the better.

You're going to get the same standard 17 models recommended to you here in this forum that are recommended to everyone who comes on here asking "What saw should I buy?"

Great advise! I agree 100%..........Don't be afraid to try the bigger saws though, I don't know about the weight of your 028S but believe me, I don't like spending all day trying to cut a decent pile of wood. While everyone's steering you in the direction of the 361, I think cut time would be reduced by looking at the bigger saws (I can cut a bigger pile faster with my 372 than I can with my 357), weight is not as bad with the new saws compared to the older saws. If you like stihl, I would try the 440, if you like Husqvarna, I would try the 372; there is no replacement for displacement, time is precious, they aren't making any more of it, the less time you spend getting your wood up, the more time you have for enjoying other things.

yep, 361, but its heavier. You might see if you can try a MS260. More power than the 028S, and lighter I believe.

Go with the 361

I have both, the 028 WB AV Super, and the MS361...

The 361 is lighter, guarantee !!!

Go buy a Stihl MS361, keep the 028 as a backup.

ICreek,

That is hway helpful...to hear from someone who has a 28S and another Stihl..a MS361 which appears to be mentioned in the most replies. It is nice to actually know the weight is lighter on the MS361! I will definately check them out.

Thanks, Dave

I've been in the same boat. Not the same boat as to the wife telling me to get another saw. :dizzy: More me just needing to have more than one in the stable. I have a 026 and was going to get the 361 as well. I tryed both the 361 and the 441. I just didn't see too much of a jump between the 026 and the 361. The 441 was a different story. WDO

maybe.

If you like stihl, I would try the 440, if you like Husqvarna, I would try the 372; there is no replacement for displacement, time is precious, they aren't making any more of it, the less time you spend getting your wood up, the more time you have for enjoying other things.

Nitro-Fish
You should remember for some guys the time spent putting up wood is VERY enjoyable. Not always a need to cut it short.

Al :cheers:

Nitro-Fish
You should remember for some guys the time spent cutting up wood is VERY enjoyable. Not always a need to cut it short.

Al :cheers:

:agree2:

...and the time spent on blocking the logs are minimal compared to the total time spent felling, limbing, carrying, loading, unloading, splitting, stacking etc anyway......

Latest posts

Back