Yay! It's Here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man that is a bad saw I scored mine running from an older guy at a garage sale for 40 bones i love that saw I run a 24 on it and it just doesnt stop. Its a great stumper too cuase of all the torque

man that is a bad saw I scored mine running from an older guy at a garage sale for 40 bones i love that saw I run a 24 on it and it just doesnt stop. Its a great stumper too cuase of all the torque

This is what I'm looking forward to. :)

Man, that Rwoods really put together a nice package for you! Check out an older post by gypo logger (now Yukonsawman), where he explains how to trim the intake side piston skirt to allow more air/fuel into the crankcase, durring intake. very quick mod, that gets nice results.
The post is two or more yrs old, I think he was working a stihl 440.

I'll poke around later tonite, see if I can find It for you. Bottom line was he cut the skirt up 1.5 mm, on the INTAKE side, on piston port induction saws. Works great.

I'll poke around later tonite, see if I can find It for you. Bottom line was he cut the skirt up 1.5 mm, on the INTAKE side, on piston port induction saws. Works great.

1.5mm, intake side. Will consider it. I am a little leery of cutting part of the piston skirt, as I am not known for straight cuts... :) I will be looking it all over again tomorrow. Guess I might have to use the paper/sharpie trick that I used to cut the pipe for the exhaust on my car.

Anyone know what sealant I need for the crankcase? If I get a reply tonight or tomorrow morning, I can pick it up at autozone tomorrow on the way back from classes. :help:

Hmmm... might have to do that to the Rotax 440 in my snowmobile when it needs a rebuild in say, 5000 miles... :D It's got 8500 miles now, and still starts on the third to fifth pull cold, every time, knock on wood. :)

Nice saw! :cheers: Cut any trees down with it yet?

I've bucked up 3-5 trees with it. Like I posted in he other thread, it does get heavy after a while. The good thing is that when you're bucking most of the weight is on the bar during the cut.

I didn't mention this in the other thread. The guy I got the saw from said that his friend picked up the saw at a garage sale for $20.00.

I've bucked up 3-5 trees with it. Like I posted in he other thread, it does get heavy after a while. The good thing is that when you're bucking most of the weight is on the bar during the cut.

I didn't mention this in the other thread. The guy I got the saw from said that his friend picked up the saw at a garage sale for $20.00.

I've got to start stopping at garage sales. So much to be had at some of them. CAD at it's best! :)

Last edited:
Congrats Promac, hope to send you a 610 in the near future. Happy restoration.

Thanks! :cheers: Someday, I will give back to all those who give to me. One of the things I try to follow as best I can.

For example, someone gives me a pencil in class so I have something to write with, and I ask if they want it back. No almost every time. I use the pencil, and sometime later, I have an extra pencil, someone needs it, and I give it to them. Simple act of giving, very rewarding, IMHO. Same thing with almost everything else. :cheers:

You can use just about anything for the sealant on the crank case halves. Many will swear by Dirko or Yamabond, I have used RTV silicone, Permatex non hardening, and Indian Head gasket shellac with good results. Chances are the surfaces would seal well enough with nothing at all but I'm not quite willing to go that route.

I should be out in the shop on Saturday and will look up above to see what I can find for the handle. Be sure to PM me with a shipping address so I can get it on the way.

Mark

Portside

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project promac...

keep the pics coming!

:beer:

Still remember handing my dad my first home brew when I was about your age... damn if he didnt have to try one with me!

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this project promac...

keep the pics coming!

:beer:

Still remember handing my dad my first home brew when I was about your age... damn if he didnt have to try one with me!

Home brewing at 18? Wow, must've been quite a while ago, as I don't think that would be legal now, lol.

Alright... got a little spoiler for you guys...

vente-lotus-elise-mustar-yellow-mk1-00229.jpg

:D

Okay, these are the real spoilers... mind you, I am not done with them yet...

Intake, cleaned up, needs to be evened out a tiny bit and polished...

171051d1296840514-intake-port-not-finished-jpg

Exhaust, cleaned up, still needs a little work on the right side, and definitely needs to be evened out a bit and polished.

171050d1296840513-exhaust-port-not-finished-jpg

Read another thread to use a 3/8" wooden dowel, cut a 1" slit down the middle of it, and put a piece of 240 or so grit sand paper int the slit, then chuck it into the drill. Will be wondering how shiny these ports will be by then. :)

Last edited:
Back