best wat to hire a climber?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna interject here.

The way i see it: Climbing trees with little toy saws sounds kinda gay-to my redneck upbringing. Next time one of you sissy boys want to climb a tree, I'll cut it down with a 390 and a pocket full o' wedges, with you in it.:msp_mad:

No, really what is with the argumentative crap anyway? Why can't the arborists just get along?

I'm gonna interject here.

The way i see it: Climbing trees with little toy saws sounds kinda gay-to my redneck upbringing. Next time one of you sissy boys want to climb a tree, I'll cut it down with a 390 and a pocket full o' wedges, with you in it.:msp_mad:

No, really what is with the argumentative crap anyway? Why can't the arborists just get along?

Sounds like you are afraid of heights or something.

Don't get mad at me or The Dan, you'll have a job that will stump and break you, I'll come along and do it just like that while you are still having a conversation about yer saw or "the best way to hire a climber". You'll blink, I will have it down and then you'll ask how. Happens everytime with you then you get all mad cause I make it look easy and its you mother####ers getting all scared of me cause ya'll is afraid of heights. You should be but don't get mad at me cause you are pissing around out in the real world.

" the best way to hire a climber"? What a broad sweeping and stupit question that is, it cannot even be answered without just doing it. Puss.

Don't get mad at me or The Dan, you'll have a job that will stump and break you, I'll come along and do it just like that while you are still having a conversation about yer saw or "the best way to hire a climber". You'll blink, I will have it down and then you'll ask how. Happens everytime with you then you get all mad cause I make it look easy and its you mother####ers getting all scared of me cause ya'll is afraid of heights. You should be but don't get mad at me cause you are pissing around out in the real world.

" the best way to hire a climber"? What a broad sweeping and stupit question that is, it cannot even be answered without just doing it. Puss.

Looks like your the one getting upset. You are right we are functioning in the REAL WORLD and not delusional DAN world.

for the record... there is absolute nothing wrong with asking questions.
everyone had to start somewhere.

when newbies are afraid to ask questions for fear of getting slammed.
that would take away an important part of AS!

usually I'll refrain from giving out advice unless someone is getting ready to do something really stupid. like getting themselves killed... too many pissing contests lately!

Last edited:
i'm not affraid to ask a question! i have learned a ton from AS by asking questions and plan on learning a lot more. "there is wisdom in the coucil of many." i would rather throw out a few jackwagons opinions and listen to the ones who actually know what they are talking about and want to help AS grow...

No worries, not everyone here suffers from "small mans syndrome" just a few. If i didn't know any better i'd ask the same question.

If you hire someone just make sure he has his own gear and insurance, if not then he's not a subcontractor and probably can't climb for ####.

No worries, not everyone here suffers from "small mans syndrome" just a few. If i didn't know any better i'd ask the same question.

If you hire someone just make sure he has his own gear and insurance, if not then he's not a subcontractor and probably can't climb for ####.

No worries? I dunno what you know but what I heard is " I don't know what I am doing, don't know if I should be doing what I am doing but I'm open for business."

Its Ok NC. I never really liked your BS ass anyway. You seem kinda slow in the head... kinda like the OP.

because I am extremely offended by ignorance which is a form of malice whether yer to stupit to see that or not.
Malice The intention or desire to do evil; ill will.Do you think the OP intended ill will?I guess we now know who is ignorant you dont even know what the word means!
O.D.D. Dan, Im STUPIT you cant even spell now I know what I am dealing with you just like to fight .Well fine!Who are you to judge people anyway you Jackass!You could not even be halfway decent to him or anyone else could you?You are just a little man with a complex.What happened when you asked for an opinion as to your post and mine huh Napoleon?You got shot down like most Jackasses do when they run their Alligator mouth !If you do not have anything good to add to someones knowledge base here you would rather hinder than help a person huh Dan?Keep your stupid Alligator mouth shut unless you want to help !:deadhorse:

Last edited:
I have a tree service in Nashville TN. Just a small tree service but sometimes i need a climber. i have a lot of new climbing gear and do some climbing myself but some stuff is best left to an expert climber that has more experience than i do. I found a guy who has been climbing for 10 years or so, but doesn't own any of his own gear and would have to use my stuff. i guess my question is this, should i hire someone who has to use my gear? does this make me more liable for his safety if he uses my gear? i dont want to get sued by him or his wife if he gets hurt. would having him sign a general liability release form be a good thing for me to do? thought i would ask what you guys thought, thanks

OK, I am sorry. I am sorry you all don't see the downright satire, irony, pain, fear and comedy in this paragraph.

And no, I would never hire the guy you are talking about to climb trees. That would be a good thing for you to do... well not to do. Either of you two on the loose in the 82 camaro would scare the crap outta me. I hire him to ground for me while I figured out the arial acrobatics since it was my company and my liabilty and I should charge you for telling.

All the sudden some guy starts to think he is " just gonna cut it with his 390" ( whatever that is, a saw I presume) and its up to me to make sure things go right. Stay on the ground puppies.

OK, I am sorry. I am sorry you all don't see the downright satire, irony, pain, fear and comedy in this paragraph.

And no, I would never hire the guy you are talking about to climb trees. That would be a good thing for you to do... well not to do. Either of you two on the loose in the 82 camaro would scare the crap outta me. I hire him to ground for me while I figured out the arial acrobatics since it was my company and my liabilty and I should charge you for telling.

All the sudden some guy starts to think he is " just gonna cut it with his 390" ( whatever that is, a saw I presume) and its up to me to make sure things go right. Stay on the ground puppies.

We will stay on the ground, you stay on the computer.

Seriously, become an expert yourself, you figure out , its your equipment. Take I guess what a sub like me needs for all of what you ask. Think about what you are gonna have to do. Still worth it not doing it yourself? Are we still talking?

now if you had said, "I'm offended by stupidity" that I would understand.

NO one should be offended by someone that doesn't know something and is asking to correct that shortcoming. ignorance is not a crime ... we all had to start somewhere.

now if someone knows there's a big steaming pile of dog crap sitting there.
then steps in it anyways .... I'd laugh at his stupid ass.

because I am extremely offended by ignorance which is a form of malice whether yer to stupit to see that or not.

I thought this thread was a complete waste and then this incredible" GIRL" fight happened now I can't stop laughing so Thank You all who have participated .....

Latest posts

Back