Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch! As bad as that looks it could have been a lot worse. Best wishes to everyone involved with this accident.

It is good news indeed that Jasha has feeling in his fingers. I hope that he has a speedy recovery and no permanent damage.

Jasha, I'm keeping you, Denise and your children in my thoughts and prayers. Same for all the people at the tree service as this affects all of them.

This is for Denise and the children: Please know that Jasha is a valuable member of this Arboristsite family. It's partly because he's very helpful in sharing his knowledge in his postings. But it goes far beyond that. He is very honest and exudes integrity. His business dealings here are a model for all to follow. He's had people disagree with him, but he always took the high rode and treated all, even the naysayers, with deep respect.

Jasha, all men are worthy in the eyes of God and to God fearing people. But, you have my respect and that is not something inherited via our creation, but earned slowly over the years based on our actions.

Get well my friend, the world needs you,

Jack AKA joat

Slap me if I am being inappropriate, one thing that really sucks about an injury to the right arm is trying to wipe with your left hand. Not easy and never seem to do as good of a job. My wife hurt her right arm a while back and I commented on this and she told me she was a left handed wiper, I thought I knew her. She writes with her right but wipes left. I ask how did this happen she says shes always been a lefty. Sorry for going off topic, I truly hope the best for your recovery. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

Slap me if I am being inappropriate, one thing that really sucks about an injury to the right arm is trying to wipe with your left hand. Not easy and never seem to do as good of a job. My wife hurt her right arm a while back and I commented on this and she told me she was a left handed wiper, I thought I knew her. She writes with her right but wipes left. I ask how did this happen she says shes always been a lefty. Sorry for going off topic, I truly hope the best for your recovery. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

Im left handed but the only things I do left handed are the small muscle things. Writing,eating utensils,things of that nature. I also play pool left handed and when I was boxing i always fought left handed. I throw a ball with my right hand never could throw left handed,also am very right eye dominate so I shoot right handed. Cant comment on the wiping I quit doing that years ago.

OUCH! A HUGE ONE!

Sorry to see this! Thoughts and prayers to all involved!

Many years ago, I turned a switch on with someone inside! Luckily, he only got hit with and breath in sawdust. The sawdust collector should have been locked and tagged out! The switch was on the other side of the room. We were cleaning and making dust. I thought, "we should have the dust collector on."

All that happened was there was one very upset guy with sawdust from head to toe, and yelling to "TURN IT OFF!" . If I could have sunk into the floor and disapeared, I would have!

Having proper safety procedures are super important! I'm sure this company will have an internal review and training after this accident.

I've worked in a mill, and totally agree about lock-outs and tags.

My brother broke his right wrist when we were kids. . . By the time the cast came off, he was a badass with his left hand.

Want to laugh for hours? Ask me to do something with my left hand -- like throw a ball. I look like someone sprinkled fairy dust on me. :msp_sneaky:

Jasha's FB post from about an hour ago. . . Really good to see him in good spirits. :)

"Thanks for all the well wishes. Had my first of many surgeries last night. You guys are all awesome, I am blessed with amazing friends and co-workers.
Go Giants!!!!!"

As unfortunate as Jasha was yesterday, he was fortunate to wind up in a first class facility to get cared for.

All of the best to him, his family and the others involved in this terrible event.

Heal well!

Dude that's gnarly....he's got some of the most impressive videos i've ever seen on youtube. fallin that big fir snag was #####in. i hear he builds great saws too. wish the best for a speedy recovery. would be curious to know how it happened to avoid the same fate, though.

Dude that's gnarly....he's got some of the most impressive videos i've ever seen on youtube. fallin that big fir snag was #####in. i hear he builds great saws too. wish the best for a speedy recovery. would be curious to know how it happened to avoid the same fate, though.

Post number 98 has a brief description of what happened.

Slap me if I am being inappropriate, one thing that really sucks about an injury to the right arm is trying to wipe with your left hand...

Oh no; lots of things worse than that. Shaving comes to mind, as well as taking a leak. There is no such thing as left-handed pants zippers, and using just your left hand for one-handed bathroom duties is far more difficult.

Jasha, I don't recall ever conversing online with you, but if you get a chance to read this, take hope from my past experiences: losing some functionality off your right side isn't that big a problem. I have a long history of crippling injuries to my right hand, and I still manage to do all the work needed. I won't go into my personal injuries, but trust me; you use your mind to manipulate the world around you, not just your right hand.

Last edited:
Geez, just saw this! Best wishes Jasha!

I would like to know more about this too, since I run a wood chipper on my tractor PTO, and there are about a zillion ways you can get in trouble (the unanticipated hazards -- like this case -- are some of the worst).

Back