Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can only imagine that being from feed rollers (fwd then maybe rev ?).
Again, I hope you have full recovery. We know you're passionate about what you do and will be anxious to get back to it. Take all the time you can to heal well.

Some advice from when I broke my tib./fib....if the Oxywhatever makes you feel like crap, and the pain is still brutal, try Advil.
I was in Never-Never Land for 3 days, and still hurting, but I was afraid that the pain would be worse if I stopped the Oxy.
I got fed up and took a chance on Advil. My head was clear and the pain was less.

Just got an update from Denise, Jasha's wife:

Hi Nate, I don't know how to send a message on the arborist site. I saw your post and wanted to thank you for your kind words. Jasha just went into surgery, they are going to stabilize the bone(s). They will also assess the nerve damage. The good news is the EMTS driving the ambulance passed 3 hospitals and took him to Loma Linda, they are fantastic with crushing/ nerve damage injuries. It will be 3 or more hours until he is out and awake. Feel free to message me, or I will try to keep you updated. Please thank everyone on the arborist site for their kind words, it meant a lot! Take care.

Wow, 'Slinger, get better.

We're praying for you, let us know how its going and what they are doing about getting it healed. Its always good to learn what methods are going to be used to fix situations like that, may God guide the doctor's minds and hands to aid you to recovery.

Sam

Prayer sent for Sawtroll too.

What's scary about stuff like this is that it actually happened. Mind I don't know him, but a guy like Jasha is on TOP of his game. To me it looks like feed wheels got him. I don't like seeing top notch men get busted up like that it scares me..

I said my prayer for Jasha and also a prayer for SawTroll

Well, that's nice - and I surely don't want to debate faith to "something" (or not) in this thread (or at all on this site). I am not an important person here, Jasha and his family are!

Last edited:
Denise gave me the best explanation of what happened that she could at this point. She said she will give a more detailed one later if needed, although I think this one is sufficient.

Luckily, it was a crush injury, and the knives were not moving when it happened.

"Apparently the wood chipper got jammed. They hit the override ? switch, so the machine was on but not in motion. He was grabbing stuff out when someone who didn't know what was happening, turned the switch to off. This overrode the hydraulics and the wheel came down and crushed his arm. It could definitely have been worse, it wasn't actually "chipped" thank goodness. I'm sure I didn't tell this right, it was explained to me but I was numb. I'll try to give you better details tomorrow. He is in good spirits and is worried more about me and the kids than he is about himself."

Hopefully Slinger will make a full and speedy recovery and someday will be able to tell his horror story around a camp fire.

Denise gave me the best explanation of what happened that she could at this point. She said she will give a more detailed one later if needed, although I think this one is sufficient.

Luckily, it was a crush injury, and the knives were not moving when it happened.

"Apparently the wood chipper got jammed. They hit the override ? switch, so the machine was on but not in motion. He was grabbing stuff out when someone who didn't know what was happening, turned the switch to off. This overrode the hydraulics and the wheel came down and crushed his arm. It could definitely have been worse, it wasn't actually "chipped" thank goodness. I'm sure I didn't tell this right, it was explained to me but I was numb. I'll try to give you better details tomorrow. He is in good spirits and is worried more about me and the kids than he is about himself."

Thanks Nate.

Latest posts

Back