Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my humble opinion this thread deserves to be locked up. It is not very deserving of this site and how threads should be presented to the public. Remember, these threads come up when others are searching for information on certain saw models. The 066 being a rather popular model gets searched for often and for someone from outside finding this thread posted here on AS, what would they think of this site? Would they find useful info brought forward in a civil manner like it should be and could be. I just don`t think this thread would project a very positive image to others not involved in it.

I'm with you Jerry, but after about the second page, the only 2 outsider opinions I see being formed are either a face-palm over the OP's stubbornness or a face-palm over us getting so thoroughly trolled.

I see that Fish has gone off to camp and this thread isn't locked yet. :msp_smile:

I have an 066, and that bastard will start on first pull most days, really depends what color shirt you're wearing. I put it on full choke, give it a good yank, and then quick as I can get it off full choke and give her throtte, and she'll run like a top.

I have an 066, and that bastard will start on first pull most days, really depends what color shirt you're wearing. I put it on full choke, give it a good yank, and then quick as I can get it off full choke and give her throtte, and she'll run like a top.

You're probably a magician :laugh:

the saw did start fine today. been releasing the pressure from the tank after use..

probaly never will fix the carb...unless it starts running bad. it was an easy fix!!!

Glad it worked out for you. Maybe we'll see you back sometime. How loose does one have to leave the fuel cap to fix a scored top end?

:yoyo:

yes, the lesson would be to take the advice and never say another word i guess
and this is a forum? i actually wanted an open dialog with someone who could help.
was mostly trying to give a little backgroung on the saw.. thought it would help people help me
sorry

Blaster, I've been following this thread since the Go. And it's reminding me alot of a stupid move I made when I was still new here. I made a couple 'smart' remarks, got my lashing, freaked out, got really beat up again for being a smarta$$, sat and stewed for a couple days, came back and re-read the procession of the downward spiral in my post, apologized, cleaned up the mess I made, and learned a hard but valuable lesson. Don't lose it. We like new people here. That's how AS expands. Just take a breath and step back for a second to cool off. I'm sure glad I did.

Actually.........Fish gave ME a good beating too! Hahaha I just remembered the details!

Blaster, I've been following this thread since the Go. And it's reminding me alot of a stupid move I made when I was still new here. I made a couple 'smart' remarks, got my lashing, freaked out, got really beat up again for being a smarta$$, sat and stewed for a couple days, came back and re-read the procession of the downward spiral in my post, apologized, cleaned up the mess I made, and learned a hard but valuable lesson. Don't lose it. We like new people here. That's how AS expands. Just take a breath and step back for a second to cool off. I'm sure glad I did.

Actually.........Fish gave ME a good beating too! Hahaha I just remembered the details!

meee tooo...im still recovering yet

yeah, I like this site, dont know maybe its a hazing rituall or something. they really are rough on a guy. seems to be rather entertaining though. if its keeping anyone up at night , i'm sorry.

the saw runs so good i really dont want to touch the carb.. and i just loosen the gas cap to let the pressure out then tighten it agian and its fine when i go to start it.

just took a look at the carb, and was suprised by how clean it was. No tarnish, dust or anything.

looked like new. Is this normal for a saw this age? also on the black spacer thing that has screens all aroud it, are the screens suppose to be open? on mine some are open some have somekind of membrane over them.

and someone on here said take the side off the carb to get to the needle, lever,ect. do they mean the bottom when on the saw,, thats where i remember getting at that stuff from,, remove the 4 screws

also while looking at the carb, i seen the vent on the top off the tank. looked clean as a whistle. and would asume that would release the pressure in the tank while sitting.

I still wonder if it was the way i was holding the saw to start it???? nearly vertical,, was it just gravity flooding the cylinder? started on second pull today and ran perfect.

Last edited:
It wasn't gravity flooding the cylinder.The Carburetor acts as a "Proportioning Valve" to keep that from happening.The only way that can happen is if the little needle in the carb under the little lever gets stuck open or something is out of whack.
Rebuilding a Carb isn't that hard.I can have one torn apart,cleaned and back together in less than 15 Minutes.

Here are some videos that may help you out
How to rebuild a 2 stroke carburetor - YouTube

Gologit hows about an entire forum where all the train wrecks can be stashed and reread from time to time? I mean we're pretty close to lockdown here. Be a shame if this highly informative thread gets buried. 056kid can be the moderator.

i just dont like to open a can of worms if i dont need to alot of stuff i own is rigged, people laugh at me about it

If you would get service instruction manuals and read them, I think you would change your mind about doing maintenance. I'd be glad to give you the pdf Service manual and Parts manuals for your saw if you are interested. Also Walbro has detailed info available. Myself, I study the info before I attempt to rip the stuff apart, cause I'm a dummy!:blob2:

just took a look at the carb, and was suprised by how clean it was. No tarnish, dust or anything.

looked like new. Is this normal for a saw this age? also on the black spacer thing that has screens all aroud it, are the screens suppose to be open? on mine some are open some have somekind of membrane over them.

and someone on here said take the side off the carb to get to the needle, lever,ect. do they mean the bottom when on the saw,, thats where i remember getting at that stuff from,, remove the 4 screws

Just remove the carb completely to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back