Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also while looking at the carb, i seen the vent on the top off the tank. looked clean as a whistle. and would asume that would release the pressure in the tank while sitting.

I still wonder if it was the way i was holding the saw to start it???? nearly vertical,, was it just gravity flooding the cylinder? started on second pull today and ran perfect.

Sir, clean out your ears (or eyes). The tank vent is a one way valve. It lets pressure build in the tank but not vacuum. Think about this if you can get a grasp of it.

If you would get service instruction manuals and read them, I think you would change your mind about doing maintenance. I'd be glad to give you the pdf Service manual and Parts manuals for your saw if you are interested. Also Walbro has detailed info available. Myself, I study the info before I attempt to rip the stuff apart, cause I'm a dummy!:blob2:

whiskers sent me one already

tomorrow i am going to fill the tank 1/2 full, tighten the gas cap, run the saw for 10 minutes, put it on my bench. the next day im going to try to start it in the horizontal position..

If it floods i will immediatly rebuild the carb. if it doesnt we may have all learned something

well maybe not tomorrow we are suppose to get 12 inches of snow here, and i plow snow

For the 15th time, it doesn't make any difference if you hold it horizontal, vertical upside down or sideways with a loose, tight, or no gas cap at all. If the saw is flooding rebuild the damned carburetor! Pressure in the gas tank is normal, it won't flood a saw with a good carb.

For the 15th time, it doesn't make any difference if you hold it horizontal, vertical upside down or sideways with a loose, tight, or no gas cap at all. If the saw is flooding rebuild the damned carburetor! Pressure in the gas tank is normal, it won't flood a saw with a good carb.

I think the time has come to not react anymore.

that not the 15th time, it's the 166th time:msp_confused:

someone dose not understand how a diaphragm carb works vs a float bowl style :taped:

now lets talk about something that we like, like bacon apple pie BTW where can i get the recipe for it?

and just in case, in before the lock:cool2:

Bacon egg and cheese pie is awesome! Just found out it's really called quiche, but that doesn't sound as masculine :D

i know a saw can run in any position. but try stating a big saw cold in a vertical position

a warm saw can handle some flooding and still start

I love quiche lorraine! It is fantastic. My mom makes the best! Do you make it with puff pastry or simple dough? It should be only made with puff pastry. But I must also add I love the apple crumble from my wife! She makes it with the apples from her parents orchard. They have only old typ of apples. Many totally unknown in modern consumer stores. They taste & smell fantastic.

I love quiche lorraine! It is fantastic. My mom makes the best! Do you make it with puff pastry or simple dough? It should be only made with puff pastry. But I must also add I love the apple crumble from my wife! She makes it with the apples from her parents orchard. They have only old typ of apples. Many totally unknown in modern consumer stores. They taste & smell fantastic.

I don't know, my mother makes it for me too! I wouldn't care if she used cardboard as long as there's plenty of bacon :laugh:

I don't know, my mother makes it for me too! I wouldn't care if she used cardboard as long as there's plenty of bacon :laugh:

How dare you be so ignorant! This is a French speciality! This isn't something to laugh about! This is serious business! If you continue to make fun of french food I will have to give you negative rep! :laugh:

I wonder who's quiche smells the best?

My girlfriends quiche smells awesome every time! Best I've ever smelt :laugh:

How dare you be so ignorant! This is a French speciality! This isn't something to laugh about! This is serious business! If you continue to make fun of french food I will have to give you negative rep! :laugh:

That's another reason why I like calling it bacon egg and cheese pie, sounds much more American :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back