Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not so much a chainsaw enthusiast like some here, Its a tool, I cut 40 cords a year, ten to burn and 30 to sell , been cutting since 12, I havent sat and tinkered with my saws ever. i fix what i can and buy a new one if needed my dads stihl 038 lasted 25 years never fixed a thing on it. dont think he even replaced the plug. and it was run over by a tractor and worked another 5 years. he bought a new one because he thought he deserved it.

Didn't want to say anything further against you but that alone shows bad judgement. It has nothing to do with enthusiasm but all tools, to work properly, need maintanence. Ignoring that fact and expecting the same quality in todays tools like in former times is just ignorant to reality.
But then again you might have only said it unfortanately.

Hope your problem can be solved and merry christmas and a happy new year (hopefully with a good working saw!)

I'm not so much a chainsaw enthusiast like some here, Its a tool, I cut 40 cords a year, ten to burn and 30 to sell , been cutting since 12, I havent sat and tinkered with my saws ever. i fix what i can and buy a new one if needed my dads stihl 038 lasted 25 years never fixed a thing on it. dont think he even replaced the plug. and it was run over by a tractor and worked another 5 years. he bought a new one because he thought he deserved it.

I cut more in a day than you do all year...

almost every issue that arises with the saw could be fixed with a carb and engine rebuild i suppose

I also agreed with that advice not to long after the seventh lagitamate post:clap:

To be honest, I would safely estimate that 90% of the saws that won't run/run well have fuel/carb problems.

100% of the flooding saws have fuel/carb problems.....................

Does not matter much OP is red in the noodle like the #### of a poodle , he has not figured out when to say thanks and move on

In my humble opinion this thread deserves to be locked up. It is not very deserving of this site and how threads should be presented to the public. Remember, these threads come up when others are searching for information on certain saw models. The 066 being a rather popular model gets searched for often and for someone from outside finding this thread posted here on AS, what would they think of this site? Would they find useful info brought forward in a civil manner like it should be and could be. I just don`t think this thread would project a very positive image to others not involved in it.

In my humble opinion this thread deserves to be locked up. It is not very deserving of this site and how threads should be presented to the public. Remember, these threads come up when others are searching for information on certain saw models. The 066 being a rather popular model gets searched for often and for someone from outside finding this thread posted here on AS, what would they think of this site? Would they find useful info brought forward in a civil manner like it should be and could be. I just don`t think this thread would project a very positive image to others not involved in it.

Are you running for political office?

Locked or not, this thread will still come up in searches. Are you suggesting that every thread
that gets a tad ugly get locked for "appearance's sake"????

I have a lot invested here, considering most of my threads get ugly........

Jerry, stop confusing the issue with clear thinking and facts.

The OP doesn't want any of that.

Hey Jerry!!!

did the OP ever get a new gas cap ? those screw in caps ,nothing but problems ............

yes, the lesson would be to take the advice and never say another word i guess

and this is a forum? i actually wanted an open dialog with someone who could help.

was mostly trying to give a little backgroung on the saw.. thought it would help people help me

sorry

the saw did start fine today. been releasing the pressure from the tank after use..

probaly never will fix the carb...unless it starts running bad. it was an easy fix!!!

If it works for you, don't fix it. Although I'd still pop the cover off the carb and make sure the lever is flush with the carb floor and make sure the needle isn't sticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back