Proper way OR TRICK to starting a 066???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get the advice you needed to fix the saw in the first 7 post, you caused the BS:deadhorse:

almost every issue that arises with the saw could be fixed with a carb and engine rebuild i suppose

I also agreed with that advice not to long after the seventh lagitamate post:clap:

I'm not so much a chainsaw enthusiast like some here, Its a tool, I cut 40 cords a year, ten to burn and 30 to sell , been cutting since 12, I havent sat and tinkered with my saws ever. i fix what i can and buy a new one if needed my dads stihl 038 lasted 25 years never fixed a thing on it. dont think he even replaced the plug. and it was run over by a tractor and worked another 5 years. he bought a new one because he thought he deserved it.

Last edited:
almost every issue that arises with the saw could be fixed with a carb and engine rebuild i suppose

This really isn't true, but your symptoms can. Take it for what it's worth, while I don't own an 066 I do own an 084 if that counts.

I own a Mini Mac. When I ask for advice I am prepared to utilize the knowledge that others are prepared to pass to me for free.

Asking for advice and then ignoring what you are told and arguing with those who want to help is poor form and brands you as a jerk. Have a little red for the chaos you have caused.

{EDIT} WOW, just took every bit of rep he had away!
rofl02.gif

Last edited:
i dont know i used to hillclimb dirtbikes i had a 60cc 85cc 250cc and 500cc two strokes the small ones for my kids there was a big difference in how they were started, how they ran, and how they were fixed just wanted help with someone famillar with big saw 084 nice!!!

If it pulls over easier than a 290 are we not concerned by that? Is that with the decomp in? If not it sounds like more than just a carb rebuild and fuel cap is needed.

I wouldnt say i was arguing with the informative post

but i started catching hell instantly from the goof balls

I think if you have no info to add to the thread why post anything....just to be an a##

I think if you have no info to add to the thread why post anything....just to be an a##

Do you mean like this post:msp_confused::bang:

You have carb problems, have it rebuilt and check your fuel line and filter while it being serviced.

I really dont think its a carb problem.. my gas cap was seeping a bit so i tightened the heck out of it, wondering if maybe i lost my venting, and the carb or jug is sucking gas while its sitting there not running it runs perfect when i get it started also only loads up with those first pulls

The inlet needle lever is set too high in your carburetor. You'll need to address this, otherwise it will always be a problem.

Happens when the metering diaphragm goes stiff as a board also, it holds the needle off the seat.

well, i last told everyone i left the fuel cap slightly loose the other day. and today when i went to start it it started on the first pull and then ran fine. I also started it with the saw in the horizontal position. I had been holding trigger and handle with right hand and pulling back on rope with left hand with the bar nearly touching the ground ( this is how my dad taught me) and always worked on mid range saws. for now i will, when i'm done using the saw release the pressure in the tank and push the de comp valve and leave it like that while it sits.

:amazed:

If it pulls over easier than a 290 are we not concerned by that? Is that with the decomp in? If not it sounds like more than just a carb rebuild and fuel cap is needed.

that is with d comp in i also think it has a shorter rope i know this makes a huge difference

i havent put a comp tester on it but it runs perfect and sure eats up big wood with a 25

and again i think it has a better starter than the 290

yes i questioned it initailly ... based on what my saw was doing and the effect the gas cap did have on it, and not knowing the proper terminology of carb parts.

could have done without the smart remarks though... lost alot of respect for the site

so people can say anything to me,,,, but if i answer back to them with the same disrespect i'm gonna get kicked off?

this all started when i said "i dont think its the carb" an aparent sin here:angry:

so people can say anything to me,,,, but if i answer back to them with the same disrespect i'm gonna get kicked off?

this all started when i said "i dont think its the carb" an aparent sin here:angry:

you asked for advice and advice was given,"its the carb" you did not like the answer you should have moved on:deadhorse:

respect is earned, not given

Last edited:

The issue is that you had a problem with your saw you did not know how to diagnose and cure. Following your plea for help several knowledgeable and respected members of this Forum provided you with a VERY specific diagnosis and what was required to alleviate the problem. Rather than taking that advice (which you solicited because you didn't know how to fix the problem) you proceeded to ignore their responses and argue with those that were trying to help.

How you present yourself on a Forum goes a long way towards being accepted. Utilizing poor grammar, ignoring sound advice and arguing with those attempting to help you is not going to make you any friends here.

i agree i'm not an english major, dont really care just wanted to know if i was starting it wrong.

if not i could figure the rest out , anyway i'm done with this thread , thanks to those who gave info....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back