Why do other peoples 2 stroke exhaust smell better than mine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Do we just get use to are own. is it different gas? I noticed this alot when I raced dirtbikes too

I just bought a 455 rancher from a guy... the exhaust smells really good

I have used all brands of oil???? Do other people think my exhaust smells good?

So many smart alec responses here, but it's just too easy, I can't go there.

Well allow me to retort!

What's the deal 066? Running around sniffing the other neighborhood mutt's butts, are we?

:givebeer:

Sorry can't resist...........................:hmm3grin2orange:

I always thought my exhaust smelled OK

Its other peoples that smell rank!

Well allow me to retort!

What's the deal 066? Running around sniffing the other neighborhood mutt's butts, are we?

:givebeer:

that's funny, But really everytime i buy something . i think the exhaust smells more racey.

I use premium gas..

Is that Olive or fish oil ??

i have used everything stihl,husky,echo,ect. we have something called reformulated gas here, for emmisions. that might be it. we have to take are cars/trucks in every year to get them emmision tested.

I think the largest difference is between synthetic and dino 2-stroke... To me the dino smells like the "classic" robust scent with hints of woodiness and a long finish, where the synthetic has more of a flowery note, with a subtle shorter finish.
:biggrinbounce2:

I think the largest difference is between synthetic and dino 2-stroke... To me the dino smells like the "classic" robust scent with hints of woodiness and a long finish, where the synthetic has more of a flowery note, with a subtle shorter finish.
:biggrinbounce2:

I notice a sweet, citrous, orangey smell that i like.

my 3 series husqvarnas smell a certain way, my 562 has it's own smell, echos have their own smell, my 298xp smells like my 066. I think the quad ports smell similar and the dual ports have their own smell... if you can't smell the difference your not smellin:msp_smile: I swear i could tell you by smell what saw has been started... all with xp oil...

And so far, nobody's mentioned stratified scavenging, which the 455R has. Dunno about the 660, though.

I've noticed that the "stratos" (like 3 new saws I have) have a much less noxious/plain stinky exhaust than their precursors. I know, I know, people love to demonize the EPA. :rolleyes2:

From recent experience, only non-strato saw I'll "adopt" is a freebie.

Stihl Ultra is obnoxious. It's fantastic oil but I hate the smell. Same with Husky LS and woodland pro.

Klotz is definitely my favorite, but I don't like the buildup so I decided smell wasn't everything and I ditched it. I used to love starting up my super XL in my garage and smoking it out.

The worst is stale gas period. It's horrible no matter what.

Latest posts

Back