Why do other peoples 2 stroke exhaust smell better than mine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl Ultra is obnoxious. It's fantastic oil but I hate the smell. Same with Husky LS and woodland pro.

Klotz is definitely my favorite, but I don't like the buildup so I decided smell wasn't everything and I ditched it. I used to love starting up my super XL in my garage and smoking it out.

The worst is stale gas period. It's horrible no matter what.

I think the Klotz buildup is from the castor oil in it . Superior lubrication and odor . I love the smell of bean oils .

Yours stinks because your carbs need rebuilt and retuned. :bang:

Excellent analysis! :msp_thumbup: Debris in the drain just have to stink! :potstir:

Just be careful while sniffing at someones elses rear end that he doesn't blip the throttle .... could be a smelly end...... :sucks:

Can we continue talking about quiche lorrain here? I like that smell much more! And so that you all know it's bucknfellers fault that I'm hungry now.

the worst is what we refer to up here as( bastard gas) you dont know who mixed it or where it came from or how old it is. but it sure ran ok in my minibike but really stunk. ran some old outboard motor stuff one time.....horrible

you don't want to smell my fumes after i eat onion rings,, it will curl your nose hairs:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

i can smell my elf htx on it's way out...such a nice smell. i wouldn't worry about the smell unless your running to fat or if your smell a metal on metal burning. i always run 93 sunoco and full syn mix with alittle elf for added pleasure:biggrinbounce2: it definetly smells awesome. and i run 32:1 also. if your at 50:1 i would guess it would smell less

i can smell my elf htx on it's way out...such a nice smell. i wouldn't worry about the smell unless your running to fat or if your smell a metal on metal burning. i always run 93 sunoco and full syn mix with alittle elf for added pleasure:biggrinbounce2: it definetly smells awesome. and i run 32:1 also. if your at 50:1 i would guess it would smell less

yeah i run 50:1 well maybe 45:1 i use the 1 gallon mix bottles and put a little less than a gallon in. this husky was blowing some smoke. He had a 6 pack of husky xp that came with the saw so i think thats what he was using.

I think the Klotz buildup is from the castor oil in it . Superior lubrication and odor . I love the smell of bean oils .

Which klotz are you running that your getting build up? Ive run the Klotz Super Techniplate and R-50 for a very long time with no problems. Just wondering.

I wonder if the OP has any inkling that internal combustion exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide? Long term exposure could explain a lot...

Not sure if we are being trolled or this is the best this guy has to offer.
lightning.gif

yeah i run 50:1 well maybe 45:1 i use the 1 gallon mix bottles and put a little less than a gallon in. this husky was blowing some smoke. He had a 6 pack of husky xp that came with the saw so i think thats what he was using.

that saw shouldn't smoke once it's warm...and if it does then it's pig rich!:cheers:

that saw shouldn't smoke once it's warm...and if it does then it's pig rich!:cheers:

I never put it in wood. the thing only had a 1/2 tank of gas run through it. I did a little cleaning and put it on craigslist its like new. I bought if from a guy who needed x mas money

got a mint ms210 and a mint 455rancher cases, xtra new chains, oil, even new husky gloves.

all for $200 my dad bought the 210 for $200 and just got an offer on the 455 of $300

see it on milwaukee CL

Back