Why do other peoples 2 stroke exhaust smell better than mine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guido, could it be Hillbillyredneck back from the dead? :

If this guy's location in his profile is correct, I can't see "the Pride of Prineville" leaving Oregon and moving to Wisconsin. However, I do suspect that the OP has been here before, we just need to determine what ID he used then.

I really can't see HBRN admitting he didn't know about saws, given he was a gypo logger and stuff.

Last edited:
I love the smell of 2 stroke exhaust, but I don’t think it beats methanol from a sprint car or door slammer! That sweet, slightly tangy smell in the back of your nose. It’s the best. Not much of a fan of nitro - that just burns the eyes!09708E20-A3DA-417E-BBFE-7BA2F576F155.jpeg8058F5E3-9A72-4771-8891-BA9E1EC18E76.jpeg

Do we just get use to are own. is it different gas? I noticed this alot when I raced dirtbikes too

I just bought a 455 rancher from a guy... the exhaust smells really good

I have used all brands of oil???? Do other people think my exhaust smells good?
As long as it’s not stihl hp ultra it probably smells good, that stuff smells like burning trash.

In the 1960's EVERY street rod ran Amoco Premium.
It was VERY easy to tell the fuel by the smell of the exhaust.
I bought my wife a modern street rod,, in 2002.

7FKi982.jpg

At that time, we could still buy that Amoco Premium fuel near our home,, it had always been unleaded!!

The exhaust of the S2000 always brought back memories of the 1960's,,,

About 2005, the fuel was discontinued.
We still have the car, but, it no longer has Amoco fuel in it,,

Latest posts

Back