Just call me CHAMP!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The saw was an old junkyard dog 066 that had been in a tub for a couple of years. I had to get it running before I left for Hayward Wis. Ran and started fine, until the race. It didn't start first pull and that put me behind right off the bat. I finally dropped started it in the dirt and it took off. My face was right on the mark, but had a very small Dutchman on the far side. It was small enough to make me miss the center of the 6" T-peg, but I still hit the right side of the T. All that is required is to hit any part of the peg. The rules are min. 5" deep top cut, Humbolt bottom, back cut has to be above hinge, and you can't cut off or into your hinge. Not many can do this with speed for some reason and the first 2 trees down were disqualified. I was third down with a clean cut and a hit. 35 seconds total time.

What a tease! Where are the vids? :msp_angry:

This title must come with some seriously cool freebie shwag. We have to see that stuff too. Congrats on the taking home the title. Seriously cool stuff. :rock:

OK boys, let me set this up. 30 some odd contestants draw for the 20 trees in the morning. The video only shows 1/2 of the contestants and trees going down....... Tree 15 was down first but was disqualified for cutting under his hinge. I'm tree 16. As you'll see I kept hanging my dogs on the back cut and a sheep shank undercut is slow to set in the under cut and go down.....and no laughing at my speed to the tree!:msp_angry:

Congrats from a noob. I understood about half of the terms in your description of how you won it. I'm learning, though...

Did anyone have problems with the video? I get a mostly empty photobucket page, but no vid.

Won the Power Saw Tree Falling World Championship last weekend in Squamish BC, Canada. Got a little lucky but it's always better to be lucky than good!!!.....Hahahahahaha! I have pic's and video I'll post later. Just got back from a 3 week tour. Very good to be home.

S
f
w?

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,
ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Congrats :rock:!

OK boys, let me set this up. 30 some odd contestants draw for the 20 trees in the morning. The video only shows 1/2 of the contestants and trees going down....... Tree 15 was down first but was disqualified for cutting under his hinge. I'm tree 16. As you'll see I kept hanging my dogs on the back cut and a sheep shank undercut is slow to set in the under cut and go down.....and no laughing at my speed to the tree!:msp_angry:

Out of the 20 trees, how many contestants missed their mark? That target don't look very big...
And what do you use as a visual when you're making the face cut?
Just eye it up and get it done??

And damn, that's a lot of timber those guys had to stick in the ground...
Nice!!!
:rock:

Out of the 20 trees, how many contestants missed their mark? That target don't look very big...
And what do you use as a visual when you're making the face cut?
Just eye it up and get it done??

And damn, that's a lot of timber those guys had to stick in the ground...
Nice!!!
:rock:

Not sure how many hit the stake. Most can't cut within the rules, let alone with any speed. Most draw their face cut on the tree, myself, I made 2 small marks, 1 on the front for height of the top face cut, and 1 on the back, again, for height to be above the face cut, which is the rule. I just eye the depth, then use the guide on the saw to aim at the stake. Cutting many trees in the day, muscle memory is still there.

We should talk Bradley into competing in the contest next year!......Hahahahahaha!

Last edited:
every thing is better in Nth America, heck, even their trees grow dead straight and with no bark or branches......must save the mill some time :msp_biggrin:

top work as always Dennis. :clap:

Last edited:
Back