I picked up a New 357XP, today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few weeks back, I was looking for a specific loop of chain at my local C-A-L Ranch store, for a Stihl 025 I picked up.
This company used to be a Husqvarna seller, and switched to Stihl almost two years ago.
Well the chain I was looking for wasn't out front, so the employee said, "we just got more chain delivered, let's go see if it's in the new shipment". When we walked into the freight area I spied an Orange saw sitting on a shelf, it was a 357XP. I asked what the deal was, and was told it has been in back for a long time, and it was a display model that had a bar nut, and oil cap stolen off of it. It is a 2011 model.
I went back today, and had the same employee, call up the manager. I asked the manager if he would be interested in selling it "as is"?
He made me an offer of $400, and I countered at $350. We settled on $375, and then he went to the computer, and realized what MSRP was on a 357XP.

View attachment 412659 View attachment 412660 View attachment 412661
One of my best friends who now lives in Canada bought a 357XP about 7 years ago. He says it's the best chainsaw that he has ever owned. I wish I had one, but my Stihl MS361 is the best saw that I have ever owned and we bought both saws during the same month.

One of my best friends who now lives in Canada bought a 357XP about 7 years ago. He says it's the best chainsaw that he has ever owned. I wish I had one, but my Stihl MS361 is the best saw that I have ever owned and we bought both saws during the same month.
They are neck & neck.

I had both & sold the 361.

Now that the dust has settled with the 562 and the hype surrounding it has dried up it seems the traditional Husky guys prefer the 357xp. That would have felt nice walking to the truck with that saw in your hands under those circumstances. Well done, now you just need to find someone who will give you a similar deal on a vintage NOS Japanese bar. Yeassss.....u suck!

Nice score there Jon! :baba: I would settle for a beat up and well used saw for that price over here. $375 for a shiny new one with a missing bar nut and oil cap is just plain crazy. :envy:
I have several saws i have picked up lately that i should add to the "you suck thread", but i would trade them all for a 357XP..... yep honestly i would. :D

Really nice saw, great score!

One of my coworker used 357's when I used 361. Both are great, but the 361 was stronger.

Latest posts

Back