What saw are you using this year?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year is the year of big wood, so it will be the pair of 046s. One stock with 28 inch skip tooth, one ported squish nodded muff moded intake mod sporting a 24 skip and 8 pin sprocket. Also the 290/390 hybrid I call the ms 340. As for limbing saw probably the pair of 026s, or maybe the muff moddoed ms250, or the 028, hell maybe the 021. If I can find parts the old home 750 may live again. Too many to choose from! Got 2 dozen others to pick from, but the rock star lineup will probably be the 046s and the 390 for a three saw set up

I had one and it wasn't bad at all. In fact, it was a pretty darned good saw.

I notice you sad, "... Had one..." So, I assume you sold it or gave it away. Had that saw been mine, I doubt I would have parted company with it. The only saws I have on board that can cut better than this Deere CS62 are bigger and heavier. Lighter ones can't match it.

I notice you sad, "... Had one..." So, I assume you sold it or gave it away. Had that saw been mine, I doubt I would have parted company with it. The only saws I have on board that can cut better than this Deere CS62 are bigger and heavier. Lighter ones can't match it.

Kinda' both, I sold it at a "give away" price. It was a nice torquey saw for a 60cc, but my ported 50cc 2153 Jred whips it pretty bad, and is definitely lighter.

I picked up 3 saws this year, Stihl 460 Arctic 20" Total Super bar or 28" Stihl ES light, Husqvarna 555W with 20" Total super bar: both of these saws are pre-owned and in mint condition.

Also added a new Dolmar 5105H with a 16" Total Super bar from Fordf150, very nice saw, have 10-12 tanks through it and am impressed with the saws capabilities.

We finally had the latest heat wave break, so back to long days of making chips fly !

It's a cutting sob but gets a bit heavy for these old bones to run very long. Usually end up using the 362.
Try a Stihl LW bar. A 28" weighs what a normal 20" does.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep it in mind next time I buy a new one. Are they the same price as the stihl es?

Went to get a yellow birch yesterday afternoon with the 260/04420150913_183853.jpeg 20150913_183843.jpeg GetFileAttachment.jpg . I got a little hard maple while I was there too. Would have been nice to have had all day so I could have brought the trailer too but it was better than not going at all. I even got to throw a few rounds on the splitter this morning.

Hard Maple is my favorite firewood. It's not as plentiful as Ash but I have quite a bit available to me. Shag-Bark Hickory is in abundance too. Oak is not so plentiful but I don't mind that.

Same as have been. Echo 351, Echo 440, and Shindaiwa 757. Been a good combination, have other saws, but can't beat the reliability of the Echo saws, the Shinny is a dang good saw as well.

This year will be a new 562xp purchased it on Monday. I went to the shop to purchase two new chains for my old husky 61 and walked out with a new 562xp... How does that happen. The old 61 is a 1985 and I have had it since new. Has been a great saw and still has the original p/c. I cut around 10-12 cord a year for the last 14 years. I sure hope the 562 treats me as well as the old 61.

Back