Who Is Still Here???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been a comin' and a goin' from AS over the years depending on my work load, divorce and other requirements. Its been flooding and crappy weather here this month so I have been banging the keyboard here of late after SVK asked me what I was up to and I poked around looking for Stihl Sawing, and got sucked back into the AS vortex.

I saw The Who at the Filmore West in SF and at the Oakland ballpark, as well as in Monterey at the one and only Pop Festival. I snuck in there with my brother to see that. We also went to see The Kinks and The Dead a lot, The Stones once, all kinds of Bay Area bands like the Starship, Journey, Niel Young/Crazyhorse, The Tubes, Greg Kihn, The Doobie Bros., Bonnie Raitt, Joan Baez, Hot Tuna, Huey Lewis, Steve Miller, Pablo Cruz, Santana, and other bands that came to town, like The Allman Bros., Chicago, CSN, The Fab T-birds, The Clash, Bob Marley, DEVO, Blondie, and a lot more that I have forgotten about. NorCal was the place to be to see a lot of bands play live.

I wish I knew alot more but none of the older gents really are here much anymore . I'm not sure they would share the really good stuff
You members having not known the likes of the older members (a handful were banned and haven't posted in almost 10 years) missed out......lots of practical knowledge.......and fun. This site was hoppin' back then.

Yeah, it was fun to log on. Everybody ribbed each other in good fun. But eventually, those that would get
easily offended took over.

For those of you old dudes, I mentioned the Who concert in Cinn. in 1979, eleven people died.

I was on that forum for a day or two, literally. Rough crowd if you weren't a Miller or Hobart owner. They didn't like my Everlast stick welder or plasma cutter much.
The Welding Web is nothing compared to the old GTG pizzing matches that went in here.....unfortunately I got as deep in that BS as anyone that was here at the time.

Back